Brushing your way through those firm knots and tangles is a struggle and can often be impossible. No matter how much you yank and tug at your hair with a brush, those tangles won’t just go away. Your fussy hair requires the help and hard-work of hair detangling creams if you want to avoid this frustrating scenario.
These creams contain a potent formula full of hair-loving ingredients that smoothen hair and leaves it looking sleek. It’s a must-have primer for every time you brush and style your hair.
|Top||Design Essentials Almond Butter Moisturizing Cream Conditioner||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top||Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream||Runner-up||See Price|
|Top||amika The Wizard Detangling Primer||Best Overall||See Price|
|Top||Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk 4-in-1 Detangling Creme||Best for Curly Hair||See Price|
|Top||Creme of Nature Knot Away Leave-In Detangler||Best for Dry Hair||See Price|
Detangling creams work on smoothing every tangle and knots, so your hair won’t suffer from stress and breakage. Using these creams also provides loads of other benefits for your hair.
Best Hair Detangling Creams
Here are five detangling solutions that are a good investment for your hair.
Give your hair the nourishment it deserves with this quick penetrating, and lightweight formula of botanical emollients and moisturizers. This conditioner lives up to its name, so you’ll enjoy hair that’s weightless, soft, and silky smooth in five minutes. Thanks to its infusion of almond butter, matted and tangled locks will never be a concern.
- Gentle for all hair types
- Sulfate-free and non-stripping formula
- Can be used daily or weekly
- Instant hydration and deep penetration
- Softens and detangles hair quickly
- Improves manageability while adding shine and body
- Suitable for color-treated or keratin-treated locks
- No protective seal on the package
- Mixed reviews when it comes to natural hair
- Contains the allergen hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Overpowering almond fragrance
Women who have hair that’s curly to tightly spiraled can now breathe easy with this hair detangling cream by Moroccanoil. It’s a leave-in conditioner that helps maintain your curl’s existing shape while creating a soft texture with a natural hold. Like the other hair detangling creams, this nourishes hair, fights off frizz, and reduces hair tangles and knots.
- Infused with argan oil
- Deep hydration
- Softens hair
- Long-lasting protection against frizz
- Help define curls
- Adds shine to hair
- No sticky residue
- Can be too heavy for thin hair
- Can be hard to wash off from your hair
- Contains silicone, which builds-up and weighs hair down
- Poor pump control
This Wizard Primer by Amika, works its magic on hair by untangling any knots, preventing breakage, and protecting hair from heat. It’s an all-in-one priming spray that every woman should use before starting their daily styling and hair care routine. This hair formula contains vital ingredients such as sea buckthorn berry, avocado oil, and provitamin B5 to improve hair health.
- Vegetarian friendly and cruelty-free
- Safe for keratin-treated, Brazilian-treated, and color-treated locks
- Free from parabens, sodium chloride, sulfates, and artificial colors
- Protects hair from environmental and thermal damage
- Detangles locks
- Cuts blow-dry time
- Infused with sea buckthorn berry, avocado oil, and provitamin B5
- Makes hair soft, smooth, and radiant
- Not delivered with a protective case or box
- Greasy finish
- Overpowering unpleasant odor
- Expensive in terms of product amount
This 4-in-1 hair combing and detangling cream is perfect for women with natural curls, coils, kinks, and waves. It is a leave-in conditioner that defines, moisturizes, untangles, minimizes frizz, and adds shine to your tresses. This hair milk blends all the ingredients that your curly crown requires for a nourished and conditioned look.
- Safe for colored hair
- No mineral oil, sulfate, parabens, petroleum, and artificial colors
- Contains agave nectar, cocoa butter, shea butter, olive oil, provitamin B5, and keratin
- Hydrates and conditions curls from root to tip
- Detangles any knots
- Strengthens each hair strand
- Powerful formula in one pump
- Might make hair sticky and look greasy
- Can weigh down thin hair
- Can cause build-up on hair strands and scalp
- Heavily scented
The leave-in and knot-away formula from Creme of Nature is the last on our list of hair detangling creams. Say goodbye to tangled and dry hair with this cream’s pure honey, rich coconut oil, and creamy shea butter. Your hair can finally get the essential moisture, softness, and smoothness it needs without losing its natural volume and body.
- Works great for curly and natural hair
- Improves hair manageability
- Restores moisture
- Repairs damaged hair
- Instantly detangles hair
- Smoothes the hair cuticles
- No mineral oil and petrolatum
- Thick consistency that’s difficult to squeeze out
- Heavy on hair
- Leaves a white residue on hair
- Strong fragrance
Sometimes, regular conditioners are not enough to smoothen out the knots on your crown. Forcefully brushing those tangles can also tug and pull out your strands. Your hair will get damaged as a result. A detangling cream is a fool-proof solution to this dilemma.
Everyone should get a hair detangling cream if they want an effortless and pain-free brushing and styling. There are many formulas in the market that you need to review. As a safe choice, always pick a cream that doesn’t contain any parabens, sulfates, and petroleum. If you have a sensitive nose, opt for creams without fragrances, which could be too strong for you.