When looking for a hairdryer, the least factor you would think about is your hair’s thickness. But if you want to shorter the time you spend on drying your hair and minimize the amount of damage your hair will encounter, the best thing you can do is choose a hairdryer that’s specially created for thick hair.
The good news is you don’t have to spend hours researching about which hair dryer you should choose because we’ve already researched for you!
|Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Conditioning Hair Dryer||See Price|
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer||See Price|
|REVLON Infrared Heat Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Jinri Infrared Professional Negative Ionic Blow Dryer||See Price|
|BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer||See Price|
|REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler||See Price|
|Bed Head Curls in Check Diffuser Hair Dryer||See Price|
|RUSK Engineering W8less Professional Dryer||See Price|
|Elchim Classic 2001 Blow Dryer||See Price|
|Panasonic EH-NA65-K Moisture Infusion Hair Dryer||See Price|
That’s not all! We’ll share with you some of the things to keep in mind when buying a hairdryer for thick hair. Here are some of them:
- Because of its density, thick hair would require high heat. That’s why you should get a hairdryer that can reach the highest heat levels.
- To reach these heat levels efficiently, the dryer must have a powerful motor. For thick hair, aim for 1875W, at least.
- The hairdryer must also have any of these technology—titanium material and tourmaline technology.
Best Hair Dryers for Thick Hair
Besides sharing with you some tips on how to choose the best hair dryer for thick hair, we’ve also rounded up a few of our best picks in the market. Here they are:
1. Panasonic nanoe EH-NA65-K Moisture Infusion Hair Dryer – Our Top Pick
The Panasonic EH-NA65-K Nanoe Dryer promises to deliver salon-quality results! The dryer features the unique patented Nanoe Technology, which has nanoe particles that can draw moisture from the air and infuse it into hair shafts to keep your hair moisturized during and after the drying process.
- It comes with three professional attachments: quick-dry nozzle, concentrator nozzle, and full-sized diffuser.
- The dryer is equipped with 1875 watt motor.
- It comes with a rotating power cord and a hanging loop.
- The tool also has a removable filter.
- The hairdryer is too big.
- It’s expensive.
With the use of the gorgeous-looking Conair Ionic Conditioning Hair Dryer, you can achieve sleek and shiny hair that will surely turn heads.
It’s equipped with Ionic Technology, fights frizz, and leaves hair smooth. It also has Tourmaline Ceramic Technology that delivers uniform heat for faster drying and lesser damage.
- This full-size hairdryer is perfect for blow-drying thick hair at home.
- It comes with 3 heat settings and 2-speed settings for customized heat and airflow.
- The dryer’s filter is removable for easy cleaning.
- It features a luxurious diamond finish.
- You can get it in aqua blue and black colors.
- It doesn’t have plenty of safety features.
- The cord is a bit short.
If there’s one word that would best describe the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer, it would be powerful.
It uses a 2000-watt motor, which allows the dryer to reach high heat levels in just a short period. With the dryer’s Nano Titanium Ionic Technology, you can dry your hair faster with less frizz.
- It has six heat and speed settings so that you can choose from a wide range of temperature settings.
- The dryer has a concentrator nozzle for easy styling.
- It’s lightweight to minimize fatigue.
- The dryer features an ergonomic handle.
- The diffuser tends to get warm too.
- The medium heat setting is a bit hot for many people.
There are plenty of dryers in the market, claiming to be excellent hair dryers for professionals. However, Jinri Infrared Professional negative Ionic Blow Dryer is one of the few that lives up to expectations.
In addition to its Negative Ionic Technology, what we liked the most about this product is its long cable and anti-leakage plug.
- The anti-leaker plug is designed to promote safety.
- It comes with concentrator and diffuser attachments to help you achieve both straight and curly hair.
- The rear filter is detachable so that you can clean it easily.
- It has plenty of customizable settings—2 speed, 3 heat, and cool shot.
- It comes in a sleek black color with a matte finish.
- The diffuser doesn’t attach well to the dryer.
- It’s also noisy.
The BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer is described as a turbo dryer that comes with a powerful 2000-watt motor. Combined with its ceramic technology, there’s no denying that this dryer can help dry your hair faster to minimize hair damage and maintain your hair’s health.
- It has a soft and rubberized non-slip surface for your comfort.
- The dryer is known for its quiet operation.
- It’s affordable.
- You can choose from 6 heat and speed settings.
- The dryer is heavy.
- The company has poor customer service.
If you want to minimize your drying time, the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer might just be what you need! What makes this styling tool unique is it combines the function of both a styler and a dryer! It has the drying power of a dryer and the precision of a styler!
- It has Ionic Technology that can reduce frizz and keeps hair shiny.
- The flexible bristles can help remove tangles and style hair pain-free.
- The large paddle design is perfect for both detangling and styling.
- It comes with a long swivel cord.
- It’s lightweight and ergonomic.
- The unit is only for 120V.
- The bristles and plastic are prone to warping due to high heat.
Yes, the Bed Head Curls Check Diffuser Hair Dryer looks weird, but we’re telling you – this is the perfect hair dryer for curly hair!
Is unique dryer design offers a large drying surface for a faster drying process. It’s equipped with Tourmaline and Ceramic Technology to achieve hair with massive shine and less frizz.
- It has a diffuser attachment that can help add definition and texture to your hair.
- The dryer has a 1875W motor.
- You can use the volume diffuser attachment to achieve better curls.
- This is perfect for curly hair!
- The bright colors are not everyone’s taste.
- The heat settings are not that high.
If you’re looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use hair dryer, you may want to check out the RUSK Engineering W8less Professional 2000-watt dryer.
It uses far infrared rays to dry hair from the inside out so you can dry hair faster and with the least amount of damage possible. It also has tourmaline technology to reduce frizz and boost shine.
- It weighs less than 1 pound and is considered to be the lightest on the list!
- The dryer comes in a plain white color that many people love.
- It comes with a diffuser attachment.
- The dryer provides the user with 7 heat and speed settings—also the widest range on the list!
- The high-speed setting is too much for some people.
- It gives off an unwanted burning plastic smell.
Long years of service—this is what the Elchim Classic 20001 Hair promises to give you! It claims to have a long-lasting motor that can deliver 2000 drying hours. Additionally, it has high-compression air technology for an efficient and reliable drying experience.
- The dryer’s housing is made of highly resistant nylon material.
- This styling tool is made from Italy.
- It dries hair fast.
- You can choose from 4 different color options.
- It comes with only one nozzle.
- The dryer is heavy, so there’s risk of fatigue.
The Revlon Infrared Hair Dryer is packed with just about all types of heating technology you can think of. Its air outlet comes with Infrared Heating technology, which dries the hair from the inside out for faster styling and drying.
Additionally, its triple ceramic coating ensures even heat distribution to avoid over-styling, while Tourmaline Technology keeps hair shiny and healthy.
- It includes sectioning clips.
- The ceramic coating of this dryer is three times more as compared to other dryers.
- It also comes with concentrator and diffuser attachments.
- The hairdryer comes in an elegant white finish.
- The motor is not that powerful.
- It also produces too much noise when in use.
If you’ve noticed, the technologies used in the hairdryers listed above are almost the same. That’s why we chose the Panasonic Nanoe EH-NA65 because of its unique Nanoe Technology that retains hair moisture. Since thick hair tends longer to dry, keeping the hair hydrated is one of the best ways to protect it.