The success of a hair salon doesn’t rely on your haircutting skills alone. You also need to build and design a decent-looking shop to attract clients. This involves choosing the right barber chair.
But of course, this element in your barbershop isn’t just for aesthetics alone but for functionality as well. You have to choose not just a good-looking chair but an ergonomic and comfortable chair as well. With that said, the best option that you have is a hydraulic reclining barber chair.
|Dir’s Vanquish Heavy Duty Hydraulic Barber Chair||Best Overall||See Price|
|BarberPub Heavy Duty Reclining Barber Chair||Best Budget Option||See Price|
|Artist Hand Hydraulic Reclining Barber Chair||Best Comfortable Chair||See Price|
|Ohana All Purpose Hydraulic Reclining Barber Chair||Best for Heavy Weights||See Price|
|Shengyu Black Recline Hydraulic Styling Barber Chair||Best for Affordable Price||See Price|
|XYZ Beauty Extra Large Classic Style Reclining Hydraulic Barber Chair||Best Extra Large Chair||See Price|
Things to Consider When Buying A Hydraulic Reclining Chair
To choose the best hydraulic reclining salon chair, here are some of the considerations that you should keep in mind:
- The hydraulic pump quality is an essential factor to consider as it usually is the one that gives in first. The rule of thumb is the heavier the beam that connects the seat to the base, the better it is.
- You also have to keep in mind the chair’s seat and backrest padding and cover material as it determines your client’s comfort and the chair’s longevity. As much as possible, go for one with a leather covering and thick padding with double-reinforced stitches.
- Since you’ll be dealing with different clients, you also need to consider your chair’s maximum weight capacity. The higher its weight capacity is, the better.
- Lastly, think about your chair’s reclining capabilities as the level of recline can allow you to perform certain services conveniently. If you offer shaving services, you need a chair that can recline at 45 degrees while shampoos and massages are best performed using a chair that can recline at more than 100 degrees.
Top 7 Hydraulic Reclining Barber Chairs for Salon
To help you find the best hydraulic reclining barber chair, we’ve rounded up some of the best options in the market along with their features, pros, and cons so keep on reading!
1. Dir’s Vanquish Heavy Duty Hydraulic Barber Chair – Best Overall
With its tufted backrest, intricately designed steel frame, and a distressed vinyl cover, the Dir’s Barber Chair is here to make your clients feel like they are royalty. This beautifully crafted chair is the most elegant barber chair on this list.
- The chair comes in different colors and textures, including black, brushed black, brushed red, red, and chrome red.
- The seat features a combination of high-density memory foam and high-grade vinyl cover for comfort and durability.
- Both the footrest and headrest are adjustable and removable for your convenience.
- The chair can handle the weight of up to 580 lbs.
- This is covered by a one year warranty.
- This is expensive.
- It’s not recommended for clients taller than 6 ft.
2. BarberPub Heavy Duty Reclining Barber Chair – Best Budget Option
With a wide range of colors (red included!), the BarberPub Barber Chair is perfect for the barbershop that aims to stand out from the rest! But if you think that we included this chair in the list because of its appearances, think again! This chair is one of the most strongly built chair in the market as it can accommodate up to 450 lbs!
- The chair comes in 7 different colors and color combinations including black, red and black, brown and black, white and black, brown, and white.
- It features a big 27-inch chrome base which ensures the chair’s stability.
- The chair’s high-quality and textured satin material is easy to clean, waterproof, and can withstand up to 40,000 rubs.
- The headrest can be adjusted to 7 different levels up to 8.7 inches.
- The headrest and footrest can be removed when necessary.
- The instructions are poorly written.
- The reclining function is a bit difficult to work with.
The Merax’s Hydraulic Recliner Barber Chair’s claim-to-fame is its wide and thick seat. According to them, it’s 20% wider and thicker than most barber chairs, so it’s sure to deliver more comfort to your clients.
Not only that, the barber chair offers convenience to you as well since it fully rotates at 360 degrees and reclines up to 160-degree angle.
- The seat is padded using high-density foam, which can contour to the body’s natural curves and deliver support to the torso and back.
- With its heavy-duty steel frame and a chrome round base that’s reinforced with rubber, this chair is designed to last for years.
- You can lock the chair’s recline in place with the use of gas-piston release system.
- The chair’s headrest is adjustable as well.
- The seat’s cover material is a waterproof PU leather that’s also resistant to stains.
- The chair is a bit difficult to rotate.
- The assembly instructions are difficult to follow.
With its all-black upholstery and steel chrome hardware, this barber chair is the perfect option for a shop with minimalist interiors.
But there’s more to this chair than meets the eye. Its circular steel base offers the 360-degree swivel feature. The chair can be adjusted to 6 inches higher while its backrest can recline up to 135 degrees.
- Since all the accessories you need are already included in the box, and the instructions are clearly explained in the manual, installation is a breeze.
- The chair is sleek and slim, which makes it suitable for a small barbershop.
- It comes with an electroplated steel footrest which provides added comfort to your client.
- The use of a heavy-duty hydraulic pump will allow you to make the necessary adjustments easier.
- It’s also covered with water- and stain-resistant PU leather.
- The slim profile and its limited weight capacity (330 lbs) of the chair may not be suitable for your clients on the heavier side.
- This is also difficult to rotate.
- The chair is not as stable as it should be when fully reclined.
If you’re looking for a strong barber chair that’s designed to accommodate heavier weights at an affordable price, the Ohana Barber Chair is one chair that you should look into. It has a maximum weight capacity of up to 440 lbs which is quite impressive.
- The chair reclines up to 135 degrees and swivels at 360 degrees.
- Most clients are raving about the company’s professional customer service.
- The seat is equipped with thick high-density foam cushioning that offers balanced comfort levels and support to the user.
- You can adjust the seat’s height using a foot lever.
- The seat has an adjustable height range of 10 inches.
- The side handles might get in the way when you shave your clients.
- The chair is a bit bulky.
The Shengyu Barber Chair is the most unassuming item because of its slim silhouette and simple design. Still, we consider this to be one of the best because it delivers excellent value despite having an affordable price!
- Even if the seat is slim, it has a wide backrest which contours well to the user’s back.
- The footrest may not be as extravagant as the ones found in other chairs, but it delivers excellent comfort to the user.
- The seat uses padding made from high-density foam which offers an adequate level of comfort to the user.
- The company has a reliable customer support service.
- This may not be suitable for heavier people.
- The chair produces a noise when you use the pump.
If you’re aiming for a classic look for your barbershop, the XYZ barber chair will surely help you achieve it. With its all-black leather upholstery and slim profile, this would properly suit the shop of your dreams. Even the added footrest goes oh so well with the chair’s aesthetic.
- It comes with a footrest for added comfort.
- The footrest comes with wheels for portability.
- You can adjust the height of the headrest to four different levels.
- The chair can be easily adjusted to different heights.
- You can lock in the chair’s height using the hydraulic release mechanism.
- The base is prone to scratches.
- It’s a bit difficult to find.
The above seven are the best hydraulic reclining barber chair options you have in the market! But what is the best hydraulic and reclining barber chair? With its beautiful appearance and high maximum weight capacity, it’s obvious that our best pick is the Dir’s Barber Chair.
But if you can’t afford its high price, the best budget option would be the BarberPub Barber Chair, the second most beautiful and functional barber chair.