Gray hair is beautiful. But let’s face it. It’s also one of the hair types that is so difficult to take care of. After all, it’s prone to dryness, breakage, and, most of all — frizziness.
We get gray hair in two ways. It’s our crowning glory when we get older. Another option is you had your hair bleached and then colored to achieve the gorgeous gray hair color that you’re sporting right now.
Both ways affect not just the color of your hair but its condition as well. As we age, our hair changes, and it’s more prone to dryness. On the other hand, the harmful chemicals used in coloring your hair can also cause coarseness and dryness. And when your hair is dry, it tends to get frizzy.
To bring back your hair’s smoothness and shine, you must shake up your hair rate routine and the products you use a little bit. It’s recommended that you go for hair products that can infuse moisture and nourishment to your hair. Additionally, you need to make sure that the products you use are safe for gray hair.
To help you out, we’ve rounded up a list of frizzy gray hair products here.
|Herstyler Hair Repair Serum||See Price|
|Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo||See Price|
|Kenra Professional Platinum Blow-Dry Spray||See Price|
|John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum||See Price|
|Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum||See Price|
|John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Shampoo||See Price|
|Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe Versatile Beautifying Oil||See Price|
Frizzy Gray Hair Products
We have reviewed some of the best frizzy gray hair products, each with it’s pros and cons below:
1. Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray – Our Top Pick
Aside from the aging process and coloring treatment, another thing that makes your hair dry is blow-drying. The Kenra Platinum Blow-dry Spray is formulated to protect your hair strands from the heat during the blow drying process. In addition to minimizing hair damage, this spray can also decrease blow drying time by 50%.
- It can be used even on damp hair.
- The formulation detangles, softens, and smoothens hair.
- It offers thermal protection up to 428F.
- The formulation is humidity resistant and can minimize frizziness.
- It leaves hair oily and greasy.
- The product doesn’t dry faster.
2. Herstyler Hair Repair Serum
The mission of the Herstyler Hair Repair Serum is to transform your dry and frizzy gray hair into smooth and lustrous locks. The serum contains a blend of Argan oil and Aloe that can de-frizz and soften hair safely. Not only that, it has vitamin E, which locks in moisture to the hair, leaving it nourished and soft.
- It’s lightweight and non-greasy.
- The Aloe Vera content of the serum also nourishes the scalp.
- A little amount of the serum already goes a long way.
- Vitamin E also revives damaged follicles.
- It doesn’t smell good.
- The serum contains silicones.
3. Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
The best way to address frizzy and dry hair is to strengthen the bonds of your hair from within. That’s what the Olaplex Maintenance Shampoo is going to do for you. This reparative shampoo is highly nourishing, leaving your hair shinier, healthier, and easier to manage.
- It has Olaplex Bond Building Chemistry, which restores your hair bonds’ internal strength, reviving your hair from within.
- This is said to restore hair shine and texture.
- The formulation is free of nuts, gluten, parabens, sulfates, phosphates, and phthalates.
- It’s also cruelty-free.
- This is also suitable for all hair types.
- The rosemary scent may not be for everyone.
- It contains alcohol and fragrance.
4. John Frieda 11766 Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum
If you’re looking for a product that can protect your hair from heat and nourish it at the same time, you’ve got the John Frieda Extra-strength Serum! The serum is formulated with bamboo extract to repel humidity and fight frizz. It also contains a blend of silk and seaweed extracts that can instantly transform wild and unmanageable hair to silky and shiny hair.
- This product can be applied to wet hair.
- It’s safe to be used on colored and treated hair.
- You don’t need a lot of the product to get the hair results you want.
- It may not be suitable for African American hair.
- It weighs down the hair a bit.
5. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
For a refreshing and effective way to bring back your frizzy gray hair to life, try the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-frizz Serum. Infused with Moroccan Argan Oil, this serum has the taming power needed to manage your frizzy hair problems. It is said to deliver long-lasting frizz control up to 97% humidity.
- It can keep your hair looking sleek for up to 3 days.
- This has the company’s trademark Active Fruit Protein, which nourishes hair.
- Garnier claims to be America’s #1 Smoothing Brand!
- It has a refreshing and energizing smell.
- It’s not suitable for wavy hair.
- It feels greasy on thin and flat hair.
6. John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Shampoo
Another John Freida Frizz product made it to our list! The John Frieda Nourishment Shampoo claims to give you healthy and nourished hair by reversing 75% of your hair dryness. Because of this, it can provide you with hair that’s 3x more manageable than before!
- It contains silk proteins that strengthen and cleanses your hair.
- The shampoo is color-safe and curl-enhancing.
- It’s formulated with vitamins A, C, and E, green tea extracts, and other hydrating ingredients.
- The shampoo has a super strong smell.
- It feels sticky to the hair.
7. Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complexe Versatile Beautifying Oil
The Kerastase Elixir’s packaging is eye-catching, and it’s formulated to turn your gray and frizzy hair into a head turner! This beautifying oil contains a combination of Maize, Camella, Argan, and Pracaxi oils, which can nourish, protect, and enhance your hair’s texture.
- The oils seal split ends to achieve that long-lasting frizz control.
- It offers heat protection of up to 230F.
- The product provides 48 hours of intense shine.
- It’s infused with floral scents.
- It’s expensive.
- Not everyone is a fan of its floral scent.
People with gray frizzy hair will not require just one product. They need to ensure that all of the hair products they use are formulated especially for their needs. That’s why we’ve provided you with a list of the best products for frizzy gray hair.
For us, there are three products that you need from this list. These include the Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray as heat protection during the blow drying process, Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo to cleanse, and at the same time, strengthen the hair from within, and Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum to control hair frizz after taking a bath.