Some babies are born with little to no hair, while others come out with a head full of precious locks. Whatever the case is, your little bundle of joy will eventually require an itty-bitty brush to tame their hair. You’ll need the best baby hair brushes that can glide through fine hair and gentle on their soft and delicate scalp.
You wouldn’t want your baby to suffer from scalp pain or hair breakage. So, unlike other baby items, parents need to choose the best brush.
|Disney Baby Minnie Hair Brush and Wide Tooth Comb||Best for Toddlers||See Price|
|Safety 1st Easy Grip Brush and Comb||Runner-up||No Results|
|Natemia Quality Wooden Baby Hair Brush||Best Overall||No Results|
|KeaBabies Baby Hair Brush and Comb||Best for Newborns||No Results|
|Molylove Baby Hair Brush||#1 Editor's Choice||No Results|
Brushing a baby’s hair is not only about taming their cute hair or keeping them looking tidy and neat. It’s also a great way to keep your baby’s scalp healthy and free from scaly patches from the cradle cap.
Best Brush for Babies
These are the best baby hair brushes we’ve found in the market:
Make hair brushing a fun daily routine for you and your baby using the Disney Baby Minnie Brush and Comb Set. This set includes a brush with extra-soft bristles and a two-sided comb with widely spaced teeth. The comb and brush have an easy-grip handle to give you better control while you tackle your child’s hair.
- Cute design
- Comfortable and easy to hold handles
- Perfect size for a baby’s tiny hands
- Optimum control
- For babies with thin, thick, wet, or dry hair
- Extra-soft bristles
- Gentle on a baby’s scalp
- Helps clean off cradle cap
- Comes in a sealed plastic bag
- Not big enough to hold for parents with big hands
- Tightly packed bristles
- A bit heavy for a baby to hold it on their own
Keep your baby’s hair looking tame and neat with this set of matching comb and brush. The best baby hair brushes should be safe and gentle for babies, and this set guarantees all safety standards are met. The matching set uses BPA-free plastic, which is easy to clean and not harmful when babies put it in their mouth.
- Dual-density comb teeth
- Suitable for dry, wet, thick, or thin hair
- Soft brush bristles
- Extra-gentle on sensitive scalp
- Chunky ergonomic handles for both parents and babies
- Easy and comfortable grip
- Cheerful bright color
- Won’t help tackle cradle cap
- Weak bristles that quickly falls out
- Not durable enough for long-term use
Natemia’s natural goat hair brush can rid your babies of all the oily and flaky buildup due to the cradle cap. This brush is extremely gentle, and you can even use it on a newborn or infant’s highly sensitive skin. Give your baby a gentle hair glide and scalp massage using these soft bristles starting from day one.
- Ultra-soft 100% natural goat hair bristles
- Stimulates scalp and increases blood circulation
- Distributes hair’s natural oils
- Doesn’t pull or damage baby’s hair and scalp
- Doesn’t generate static
- Reduces cradle cap
- Finely shaped solid beechwood handle
- Hazardous since bristles might fall out
- Not safe to soak in water
- Not useful when brushing through thick hair
Pamper your baby while brushing through their hair or massaging their scalp with this gentle and relaxing grooming set. You and your baby can enjoy these all-natural materials from 100% soft goat bristles, bamboo bristles, and wooden comb. All three grooming tools are perfect for use for both dry and wet hair.
- Complete tools for different purposes
- Perfect size for an adult’s grip
- Comes with a string loop for convenient hanging
- Premium grade soft goat bristles
- Soft and non-invasive for delicate scalp
- Easy to clean and can be washed
- Massages scalp
- Distributes hair oil
- Helps with cradle cap
- Chemical odor
- Can be a choking hazard when bristles shed
- Includes a low-quality comb that easily breaks
Last on our list of the best baby hair brushes is the Molylove Baby Hair Brush with Wooden Handle. This soft hair brush comes with natural goat bristles that are gentle on a baby’s soft spot and prevents hair static. Parents can breathe easy since this brush is proven and tested to be hypoallergenic to a baby’s delicate skin.
- Doesn’t hurt baby’s scalp
- Prevents static
- Gentle and soft goat hair
- Smooth, natural wood
- Sterilized materials
- No chemical smell
- Light in weight
- Not suitable for babies with thick hair
- Potentially hazardous since bristles can come apart
- Might be too soft for a toddler’s hair
You can start brushing your baby’s hair as soon as day one. However, you need to have the brushes that won’t scratch their soft skin or break their hair strands. Brushing does not only keep a baby’s hair free from tangles and looking wild. It also massages the scalp and helps reduce cradle caps.
Usually, most brushes come with natural goat bristles that are extra soft and gentle. There are also plastic combs that detangle hair. However, the most preferred grooming tool is the wooden brushes. Whatever you choose, always keep your baby’s safety and well-being in mind, especially in the newborn and infant stage.