Hairstyles can help us to express ourselves and we definitely have endless ways to do it. It can take the help of perfect tools to get our desired style. Skip using a blow dyer, a hot air brush can create voluminous, full-body curls or natural waves while it dries your hair quickly.
If you have short hair a hot air brush can style and dry your hair even more effectively. Why? because you don’t have a lot of hair to manage and remember you have a right size of the tool for your hair.
I’ve rounded up three of the best options on the market today
- Hot air brushes are excellent for short hair because they have barrel sizes that are small enough that can get close to the root for more versatile styling.
- They are easy to use, lightweight, and have the ability to help you style your short hair well for daily use or special occasions.
HOT TOOLS Professional Hot Air Styling Brush (¾ inch)
This professional-grade tool has a ¾ inch rounded barrel with ball-tipped bristles. It can style and dry your hair at the same time. This tool can give you curls that have definition.
It also keeps your hair tangle-free with the curl release function. The soft grip handle is rounded and easy to hold. You are able to use this tool on damp hair for extremely tight curls, or you can use it to get some body and style on dry hair. It can be used on even fine hair without fear that you’ll damage it.
- Barrel is removable for ease of cleaning
- The ball-tipped bristles are gentle on the scalp
- It’s comfortable to hold and use
- It comes with a 7 year warranty
- Not as effective on long or thicker hair
- Only has high and low heat settings,no control of temperature
- Only 250 watts of power
Conair Hot Air Brush 0.75 Inch Ceramic Tools
The Conair Hot Air Brush has a 0.75 inch barrel size with ceramic coating. Ceramic coating gives this tool numerous advantages. Ceramic is excellent at heat distribution. It helps reduce tugging and pulling on the hair as you are brushing. This reduces frizz significantly. Another benefit of ceramic in hair styling tools is that it can give your hair a shiny, glossy look after use.
The bristles are rigid. This tool can help you dry and curl your hair easily. It has a ridged handle for added grip, as well as a swivel cord to allow movement. This tool delivers power and has technology that other tools don’t, such as far-infrared and a cool blast feature.
- Ceramic barrel will give you smooth, shiny hair
- The cool blast feature locks in your style
- Far-infrared technology helps to get your hair looking healthy instead of damaged
- The 0.75 inch size is helpful for short hair styles
- Single heat setting
- Bristles may be hard on the scalp
- Can’t clean the bristles or barrel easily
John Frieda 1-inch Hot Air Brush
This tool has a 1″ barrel with nylon bristles. The handle is ergonomically designed for ease of use and better grip. It goes inward toward the middle with a wider bottom. This tool is powerful enough to dry your hair quickly and has a sleek, beautiful design. It can give you volume and curls easily. It incorporates technology like ionic technology and titanium ceramic to deliver salon-quality hair results in no time from the comfort of your own home.
- Has 500 watts of power
- Titanium Ceramic barrel will ensure your hair looks smooth, shiny and frizz-free
- Rounded barrel, digital temperature display
- The cool setting can set your style and make it last
- Advanced Ionic Technology helps add shine to your hair
- Add volume to short hair, medium or short bob
- Nylon bristles may lose wear down over time and it’s not replaceable
- Barrel might be a bit big for some
- Brush might be a bit bulky/heavy for some
- While styling, you may accidentally touch on On/Off or heat setting buttons on top of the handle
Tips for using a hot air brush on your short hair
- Let your hair settle and partially air dry