Neglecting hair care is an absolute no-no for all hair types, especially super curly 4c hair. This kinky hair has a habit of twisting and twirling into small little balls. If left unattended, these twists and twirls could turn into your worst nightmare.
If you have 4c hair, use a good quality detangling brush dedicated to 4c hair to deal with these stubborn knots and matting.
|BESTOOL Detangling Brush for Black Natural Hair||Best Budget Detangling Brush||See Price|
|Tangle Teezer Wet Detangler Brush||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|BOAO Detangling Brush||Runner-Up||See Price|
|KareCo Tangle Buster Brush||Best Overall||See Price|
|COLORCASA Detangling Brush||Best for Long Thick Hair||See Price|
Best Detangling Brushes for 4C Hair
A simple hair brush won’t do much to detangle 4c hair. Even so, this hair type is on another level for regular detangling hair brushes. To avoid the nightmare of shaving your 4c hair and starting over again, you need to use the right tool.
The detangling brush needs to glide through both knots and curls without tugging and damaging fragile 4c hair.
Plus, it needs to leave the strands looking silky smooth and frizz-free. We’ve rounded up a collection of detangling brushes to help your 4c hair.
If you want a revolutionary detangling brush for your beautiful 4c hair, then this tool can boost your detangling game. You’ll experience 70% faster detangling time with 80% less hair damage thanks to its eigh flexible comb arms. Plus, you’ll have maximum control and won’t feel any fatigue with its comfortable and sturdy rubberized grip.
- Works well on wet or dry hair
- Includes a size control bar
- Detangles, smoothens, and defines curly hair
- Features smooth long bristles stiff enough for thick curls
- Comfortable and sturdy rubberized handle
- Available in four different colors
- Easy to clean
- Weak control bar that won’t stay in place
- Flimsy comb arms not suitable for thick 4c hair if used without the control bar
The Tangle Teezer Wet Detangler Brush is the lightest among our list of the best detangling brushes for 4c hair. You can use this during wash days to evenly distribute shampoos, conditioners, and hair detanglers through every hair strand. With a total of 325 bristles, you’ll be confident that it can run through all knots and tangles in your hair.
- No ripping, pulling, or tugging
- Leaves hair looking healthier
- Slim handle for excellent grip
- For wet and dry hair
- Helps distribute shampoo, conditioners, and detanglers
- Light in weight
- Gentle and sturdy for 4c hair
- Can’t be used for heat styling
- A bit slippery to hold when it gets wet
- Quite expensive compared to other detangling hair brushes
Pamper yourself with a scalp massage while working through those messy strands with Boao’s best detangling brushes for 4c hair. This detangling brush has a curved body, so almost all bristles can touch your scalp in every glide. The nylon bristles are round-ended, which gives maximum scalp comfort and promotes blood circulation to your head.
- Very affordable for two detangling brushes in a pack
- Flexible bristle brushes
- Includes a detachable control bracket at the back
- Comfortable matte texture grip
- Lightweight material
- Suitable for wet and dry 4c hair
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- Slippery to hold when wet
- Weak detachable bracket
- Doesn’t cut down the detangling time
KareCo’s detangling brush is a holy grail for static-prone hair and sensitive scalp. This game-changing detangler features smooth ionic nylon bristles attached to an anti-static, natural rubber paddle. Not only does this help detangle, smoothen, and shape wet or dry hair, but it also massages the scalp with every brush.
- Suitable for wet and dry hair
- Makes hair feel soft
- Stimulates natural scalp oils
- Flexible rubber fingers
- Wide and long paddle
- Heat resistant and vented design
- Features nylon bulb tips that might fall off and get caught in the hair
- Might pull and catch hair between the bulb tips
- Hard to grip once wet with water or conditioner
Detangle kinky 4c hair with less pull, pain, and damage using this detangling brush by COLORCASA. Whether you prefer to work on those knots before or during showering, this detangler is safe on wet and dry hair. The detangling brush features nylons bristles attached in eight rows of flexible rows, which you can adjust using a detachable bracket.
- Matte-textured anti-slip rubber handle
- Comfortable and sturdy
- Flexible brush bristles
- Curved elastic body
- For wet and dry hair
- Vented back
- Includes a detachable bracket to adjust the head distance
- Creates static in hair
- Might pull some hair
- Flimsy detachable bracket
Hair maintenance is a challenge when it comes to 4c curly-haired folks. This hair type has a habit of forming tangles due to its tight curls and coils. Detangling kinky 4c hair can be daunting and time-consuming, but some steps make this process simpler.
Investing in one of the best detangling brushes listed above is the first step to rid your 4c hair of those unruly knots.
Whether it’s wet or dry hair, these grooming tools can run through those tangles with minimal pain and damage. All you need is a bit of your time, some detangler or conditioner, and a trusty detangling brush for tangle-free hair.