There’s an ongoing Curly Girl Movement that encourages women to embrace their curls and bring the best out of it! While we’re totally in for the love thy hair movement, we’re also aware that some of us would love to style our hair differently from time to time!
If you’d love to sport a straight and sleek hairstyle, a flat iron is your best friend. Please note that you may encounter lots of problems when straightening your hair—excessive frizz and flyaways, knots, and tangles resulting from lack of moisture and nourishment – the two significant characteristics of curly hair.
To solve this let’s identify the best flat iron for curly hair.
|Top||BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top||KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron||Runner-up||See Price|
|Top||HSI Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron||Best Multipurpose Iron||See Price|
|Top||Chi Ceramic Titanium Flat Iron||Fastest||See Price|
|Top||xtava Pro Satin Infrared Flat Iron||Best for Frizzy Hair||See Price|
|Top||Herstyler Ceramic Flat Straightener||Best for Dry Hair||See Price|
|Top||HAI Classic Convertable Professional Flat Iron||Best for Volumizing||See Price|
|Top||INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron||Best Budget Iron||See Price|
|Top||Remington Wet2Straight Ceramic Titanium Flat Iron||Best Overall||See Price|
You need to choose a flat iron with advanced technologies designed to protect, style and nourish curly hair. These include:
- Ionic Technology, which neutralizes static to reduce tangles, frizz, and flyaways.
- Infrared Emission Technology which can straighten your hair in the shortest time possible to minimize its heat exposure.
- Ceramic plates for minimal hair damage and breakage.
After identifying all of these must-haves you can get the one for you!
Best Flat Irons for Curly Hair
Here are top 10 flat irons for curly hair that we have put together for you.
1. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra Thin Flat Iron – Our Top Pick
If you hate how difficult it is to maneuver the standard-sized flat irons, you’ll love the ease of operation of the BabyBlissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-thin Flat Iron. With its exceptionally thin profile and lightweight, it’s easy to maneuver and minimize hand fatigue. It also comes with extra-long 5-inch plates to curl more hair, speed up the straightening process, and reduce heat exposure.
- The ultra-soft titanium plates deliver ultra-high heat.
- It offers up to 50 heat settings.
- Featuring Nano Titanium Technology, this flat iron can protect hair from heat damage.
- You can also use this to create beach waves.
- It’s a bit more expensive than other brands.
- You have to manually switch it off as it doesn’t come with a safety power off option.
If your tired of dealing with hair tangles and knots every time you straighten your hair, you may want to try out the Kipoze Professional Titanium Flat Iron. As a special floating plate hair straightener, it gives full and snag-free contact when you straighten your hair. Its Nano-Titanium Plate maintains consistent temperature and promotes even distribution to achieve beautiful and damage-free straight hair.
- It offers default hair temperature based on your hair condition (270 F for fragile hair, 350 F for damaged and colored hair, and 410 F for healthy hair)
- The flat iron automatically shuts off when it’s not been used for 60 minutes.
- You can use this to straighten, curl, and shape your hair.
- With its auto world voltage, you can use it wherever you are in the world.
- You may accidentally change the temperature while straightening your hair because of the temperature control button’s awkward placement.
- The hair snags in between the plate and the casing from time to time.
The HSI Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron comes in an unassuming black casing that seems plain and simple compared to the other flat iron designs.
But don’t let its simplicity fool you as it’s equipped with plenty of technologies needed for curly hair! It features ceramic and tourmaline plates with infrared heat that can reduce frizz and static and straighten your hair fast.
- It comes with versatile floating plates that can be used to curl, flip, and straighten hair.
- The plates have eight micro-sensors with HeatBalance Technology to minimize hotspots.
- The width of the plates is suitable for straightening long to short hair, and even your bangs!
- With its 110/220 Voltage, this flat iron is perfect for traveling.
- It doesn’t have multiple heat settings.
- This also doesn’t have a digital display box for temperature reading.
Featuring a ceramic plate, you’re assured that the Cho Ceramic Titanium Flat Iron will smoothly glide through your hair without any snags or tangles.
The great thing about this flat iron is that it comes with preset temperatures for different hair types to minimize heat damage and protect your curls.
- The flat iron has digital temperature reading displayed on an LCD screen so you can check if the temperature is suitable for your hair or not.
- It also comes with preset heat settings for medium, fine, and coarse hair.
- It can deliver the highest temperature setting of 425 Fahrenheit.
- This styling tool can quickly heat up in 40 seconds.
- The cord quickly gets damaged when it’s bent.
- Due to the cord issue, it isn’t easy to store this tool.
Perfect for thick hair, the xtava Professional Infrared Flat Iron has 2-inch wide ceramic tourmaline plates that can easily glide through thick hair without causing tangles or knots.
Delivering infrared heat, the flat iron can deliver heat from within your hair so you can style your hair fast and easy.
- It has bottom floating plates and dual-plate top technology to maintain even heat.
- The flat iron features 10 temperature settings with 3 preset heat settings for thick hair, normal hair, and fine and delicate hair.
- It has a long 360-degree swivel cord for your convenience and cord’s durability.
- With its 90-second rapid heat up technology, you can straighten your hair fast with less damage.
- It requires 4 to 5 passes to achieve straight hair.
- The button placements are awkward.
Featuring an eye-catching pink color, the Herstyler Ceramic Flat Iron is perfect for women who love colors!
But aside from its lovely color, there are many things to like about this flat iron—most especially its negative ion technology, floating plate technology, and ceramic plates.
- The straightening iron is ultra-lightweight, so it minimizes fatigue and is highly portable.
- Suitable for all hair types, it delivers multiple heat settings ranging from 180 to 460 F.
- This hot pink hair straightener is dual-voltage, so it’s trave;-friendly.
- Equipped with floating plate technology, the plates deliver flexible movement for easy maneuvering.
- The plates fall off easily.
- The design of the plates tends to pull hair.
Equipped with PTFC Heaters and Ceramic Fusion Technology, the Hai Convertible Flat Iron delivers even heat for quick precision styling and faster styling.
The plates are coated with 6 layers of ceramic material and infused with Tourmaline for faster heating and silkier and straighter hair.
- In just 5 seconds, you can increase the heat of this flat iron from 170 degrees to 590 degrees.
- This product is TUV certified under ISO 90001 regulations, which is the highest standards for hair products.
- The flatiron can also be used in creating wavy hair.
- It’s lightweight, small, and well-balanced, so it’s easy to hold and use.
- No automatic shutoff feature.
- No LCD Display, so it’s challenging to determine what its temperature is.
Considered to be a salon-quality hair straightener, the Remington S9500 is one of the best flat irons for curly hair because it contains 8 times more ceramic than the other flat irons in the market.
Additionally, its plates are also impregnated with pearls for a smoother glide and hassle-free styling experience.
- The straightener can deliver high temperatures of up to 450 degrees high.
- It’s equipped with 2-inch floating plates for effortless styling.
- The swivel cord ensures that you can safely and freely maneuver the flat iron.
- It can heat up in only 15 seconds.
- It comes with a hinge lock for easy storage.
- The automatic one-hour shutoff is a bit long.
- It leaves a burnt smell on the hair.
Designed to help curly girls achieve a frizz-free straight hairstyle, the INFINITPRO by Conair flat iron features ceramic tourmaline plates that deliver heat evenly. The plates also eliminate static so that you can enjoy silkier and shinier straight hair.
- The floating plates offer an extra-long and direct contact so you can achieve straight hair faster.
- The flat iron maintains high heat while in use.
- It heats up in just 20 seconds.
- The plates have extra smooth surface to facilitate faster gliding and deliver 89% straighter hair.
- The flat iron lacks easy-to-read temperature settings, which would come handy in preventing hair damage.
- The product’s paint chips off easily.
If you’re always in a hurry and don’t have the time to dry your hair before styling it, the Remington Wet2Straight Flat Iron is just what you need!
The flat iron’s signature design comes with steam vents so you can directly straighten your hair without drying it! The tool’s ceramic and titanium plates will ensure that you can get frizz-free hair in the fastest way possible!
- It offers two modes—wet or dry styling.
- The unique steam vents dry and style your hair three times faster!
- With its 420 F high heat, you can get beautiful hair fast!
- It comes with 30 heat settings so you can find the right temperature for your hair needs.
- The cord is short.
- The flat iron is quite heavy.
Choosing the right flat iron is not an easy task, so it’s always a must that you pay attention to your hair condition and find a styling tool that will provide its needs. For us, the best flat iron for curly hair in this list is no other than the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Flat Iron.
Not only does this tool have advanced Nano Titanium technology, which prevents heat damage, but its unique silhouette is also designed for easy handling and styling.