Despite what many people believe, having naturally straight hair is not always as great as it seems. Sure, there’s no need to wake up early to straighten the hair or use many products to tame it.
However, straight-haired women also deal with several challenges when styling their hair. Pick & buy one of the best hair dryers for straight hair if you want the guaranteed best result.
|Top Top Top Top Top Top Top Top||REVLON One-Step Volumizer Hot Air Brush Hair Dryer||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top Top Top||BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer||Runner-Up, Best Overall||See Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top Top Top||REVLON 1875W Lightweight + Compact Travel Hair Dryer||Best Light Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top Top Top||Andis 80020 Fold-N-Go Ionic Hair Dryer||Best Budget Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top Top Top||BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino Full-Size Dryer||Best Full Size Hair Dryer||See Price|
Top 5 Hair Dryers for Straight Hair
Straight hair is often described as boring because it tends to be flat and lifeless. This hair type has no volume at all, so you need a good blow dryer that can effectively lift your strands. Another problem with straight hair is how prone it is to get static and frizz.
Luckily, the hair dryers listed below can help you achieve the volume that your hair lacks while eliminating static and frizz. Among the dozens of options, here is our list of the best hair dryers that are perfect for straight hair.
Revlon is one of the leading brands that deliver the best hair dryers for straight hair. Their hot air brush can help straight-haired women minimize their drying and styling process in just a single step. It combines the functionalities of a hair dryer and a barrel brush so you can create volume while you dry.
- 30% less frizz
- Detangles and creates volume
- Adds shine to hair
- 1100-watt power
- Cool option with high and low heat and speed setting
- Ionic and Ceramic Technology
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- A bit loud
- Difficult to remove hair from bristles
- Not recommended to use on very wet hair
Here’s another excellent haircare tool from Revlon to dry and style hair without breaking the bank. The device has a compact and ultra-lightweight design, making it a must-have styling tool for your travels. Plus, its Advanced Ionic Technology ensures that your hair will be looking healthy, shiny, and frizz-free wherever you go.
- 1875-watt motor for fast drying power
- Two heat and speed option
- Includes a Cool Shot button
- Features Tourmaline Ionic Technology
- Small, compact, and lightweight
- Has a hanging ring for easy storage
- Removable end cap for easy cleaning
- Not a dual voltage product
- Not foldable
- Short 4-feet long power cord
Thick straight locks take a long time to dry and style, but this hair dryer can tackle the problem effortlessly. BaBylissPRO’s hair dryer combines speed, power, and design to deliver the ultimate performance for a salon-quality look. Even though it’s packed with an impressive 2000 watts motor, this device is light enough not to tire your arms.
- Heavy-duty 2000-watt power for fast drying
- Six options for heat and speed plus a Cool Shot button
- Nano Titanium Ionic Technology
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- Adds shine and reduces frizz and static in hair
- Low noise level
- Includes a concentrator nozzle attachment
- Might not be suitable for individuals with small hands
- Does not have a secure fit for the nozzle
- A bit expensive
One glance at this full-size dryer by BaBylissPro, and you’ll know it’s one of the best hair dryers for straight hair. You can easily create volume to your flat and lifeless straight hair with the device’s concentrator and nozzle attachment. What’s even better is that the result will look soft, smooth, and shiny, thanks to the ionic generator.
- 2000-watt high-performance Italian AC motor
- Fight frizz and static
- Ionic and Nano Titanium Technology
- Includes concentrator and nozzle attachment
- Six heat and speed setting plus a Cool button
- Designed with a removable filter
- 9-feet long cord
- Relatively heavy and not suitable for travel
- Might have some durability issues
- Very expensive
How to Pick The Right Hair Dryer for Straight Hair
Many often desire to have straight hair, but they don’t realize how much of a nightmare it can be. People born with this hair type struggle with various styling problems ranging from limp hair to style that never holds. The only way you can turn flat hair into something more exciting is if you use the right styling tools.
When choosing a hair dryer for straight hair, you need to consider the wattage of the device. A high wattage ensures that the dryer can deliver powerful performance and high heat to manipulate hair shape.
Attachments such as concentrators and diffusers are also useful in adding volume and body.
Lastly, the hair dryer needs a Cool Shot feature to help lock in style. The five products listed above include these necessary features for straight hair, so investing in them is the right choice.