Let’s face it. Even with the Curly Girl Movement’s rise, the sleek and straight hairstyle is here to stay. After all, this is a classic and is the go-to style when you want to achieve a polished look.
While flat irons are excellent hair straightening tools, using these may not be the best option for busy women as it takes a lot of time. If you’re one of them, you’ll surely be happy to know that there’s one product that can help you get straight hair faster—hair straightening creams!
The creams are heat activated, and you can deliver the heat it needs using a blow dryer, which is a lot easier to use than a flat iron, right? However, please do note that the creams are formulated to provide only a temporary styling solution, so it’s not meant to change your hair texture for good.
Now that we got that all figured out, we’ll share with you some of the best hair straightening creams for women ingredients that you should know about:
- PVM/MA Copolymers or other non-surfactant copolymers will be responsible for binding fiber molecules so your wavy strands will be stiffened up, preparing a straighter foundation for your hair.
- Keratin protein boosts hair elasticity, ensuring that it will remain straight for longer.
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein is rich in amino acids and peptides, which strengthen the hair shaft.
- Cetrimonium Chloride or Phenoxyethanol, which suppresses the microorganism that is responsible for bringing back your curls.
- VP Crosspolymer/ Acrylic Acid maintains a balanced moisture level for your hair.
|Top||John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme||Best Overall||See Price|
|Top||CHI Straight Guard Smoothing Styling Cream||Best Smoothing Styling Cream||See Price|
|Top||TIGI Bed Head Humidity Defying Straightening Cream||Humidity Defying Cream||See Price|
|Top||Keratin Complex Infusion Keratin Replenisher||Anti Frizz Straightening Treatment||See Price|
|Top||Oribe Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream||Best Smoothing Blowout Cream||See Price|
Top Hair Straightening Cream
Since you already know which ingredients to look for, it’s time that we check out the best hair straightening creams for women in the market today. Here they are:
1. John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Creme – Best Overall
Hair straightening creams are formulated for keeping your hair straight temporarily. The John Frieda Straight Crème promises to keep your hair straight for an entire day (24 hours)! And if you’re worried about heat damage, you’ll be happy to know that this crème has Thermaguard Complex which protects your hair against damage.
- It works on frizzy, wavy, and dry hair.
- The crème comes with a fruity and fresh smell.
- It contains sweet almond oil and milk protein that conditions and nourishes the hair.
- Despite its runny texture, it doesn’t feel greasy on the hair.
- The crème doesn’t weigh down the hair.
- It has a runny texture.
- The crème doesn’t spread quickly through the hair.
2. CHI Straight Guard Smoothing Styling Cream – Best Smoothing Styling Cream
The CHI Straight Styling Cream does more than just straighten your hair and eliminate frizz! It’s formulated with Ionic and Cationic Hydration Interlink Technology, which delivers positively charged silk molecules to the hair and can boost hair’s resilience, moisture, and strength once they interlock with the natural structure of the hair.
- It comes with easy-to-dispense packaging with a pump.
- The cream has a thick consistency, so it’s easy to apply.
- It’s specially formulated to tame and manage frizzy and curly hair.
- This is free of gluten and parabens.
- When you use too much product, it will feel heavy on your hair.
- It gives off a strong smell.
- The pump dispenser breaks easily.
3. TIGI Bed Head Humidity Defying Straightening Cream– Humidity Defying Cream
Does your hair get all wavy and frizzy when exposed to humidity? Such a bummer, right? Lucky for you, the TIGI Bed Head Humidity Defying Straightening Cream is here to ensure that your hair will remain sleek and straight for 48 hours in up to 98% humidity.
- It’s recommended for all hair types.
- The cream comes in an easy-to-dispense bottle.
- This keeps your hair straight but not flat!
- It won’t give your hair a greasy look.
- The cream keeps hair straight even in humid conditions.
- It contains synthetic fragrances.
- This doesn’t have a creamy consistency.
4. Keratin Complex Infusion Keratin Replenisher– Anti Frizz Straightening Treatment
With its advanced Infusion Technology, the Keratin Complex Infusion Keratin Replenisher claims to be a powerful blow-dry cream that’s formulated to cut drying time while eliminating frizz and replenishing hair moisture and shine all at the same time! It’s truly a multifunctional hair product!
- This is suitable for all hair types.
- The product can also be used by men.
- This is also used to optimize the effects of other hair products from Keratin Complex.
- It will give you a silky smooth finish.
- A small amount of this product already goes a long way.
- The pump breaks easily.
- It’s a bit expensive.
5. Oribe Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream– Best Smoothing Blowout Cream
The Oribe Blowout Cream protects your hair from both heat and humidity and will allow you to enjoy sleeker and straighter hair with less drying time. It contains the famous Oribe Signature Complex made of Watermelon, Edelweiss Flower Extracts, and Lychee, which prevents hair dryness and damage.
- It has Yacon, which provides antioxidant protection to the hair.
- The cream also contains Straightening Copolymer Blend, which straightens hair and protects it against frizz and humidity.
- It contains lots of ingredients that prevent hair damage and strengthen the hair strands.
- The cream protects hair from the heat of up to 450 degrees.
- It contains no sulfates, parabens, and sodium Chloride.
- Some users don’t like its smell.
- The packaging is prone to leaking.
- Too much of the product will make your hair greasy.
Straight hair is no longer that difficult to achieve! If you’re not that adept at using a flatiron, applying straightening cream to your hair and blow-drying it afterward is an easier and less complicated solution!
Among all the best hair straightening creams for women in this list, our bet is the Oribe Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream as it contains some of the most essential ingredients like the Straightening Copolymer Blend.
It even has additional ingredients that are perfect for nourishing and strengthening the hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best hair straightening cream is Keratin Complex Infusion Therapy Infusion. It is an in-home straightening cream that contains a keratin protein.
Keratin keeps hair looking healthy as it will strengthen your tresses and prevent hair damage due to straightening. To use it, put it on towel-dried hair. Then, blow dry it and use a flat iron to straighten it.
Use a hair straightening cream as follows:
– Select the correct hair straightener cream, then wash and clean your hair.
– Towel dry and use on damp hair. Divide hair into small sections.
– Apply the hair straightening cream and let it sit on the hair.
– Wash the hair once again, use a blow dryer to fully dry the hair, and finish. You can straighten the hair with a brush or a flat iron.
Semi-permanent hair straightening cream can last for three to four months before the hair’s natural texture reappears.
Home hair straighteners last on average six weeks. Salon permanent hair straightening lasts the longest with anywhere between four to six months.
Hair straightening cream should be left on the hair for approximately 20-30 minutes after applying depending on your hair type. For color-treated hair, 20 minutes is enough time. If you have curly, thick hair, you may need to leave it in longer.
Refrain from putting clips in the hair or laying down while the cream is resting on your head.