Do you have thick hair? If you do, many people envy you for having gorgeous and voluminous locks. But what they don’t know is styling thick hair is a big struggle!
The thicker the hair, the longer it takes to blow dry it. The longer you blow dry it, the more severe the heat damage it will have. That’s why your goal should be to reduce blow-drying time.
The hot air brush is the perfect solution for you. Since it already combines the function of a blow dryer and a styling brush, it promotes a one-step and quicker blow-drying and styling process, minimizing your hair’s exposure to heat in the process.
That’s not all. Most of the hot air brushes for thick hair in the market now come with advanced technologies developed to protect your thick hair from heat damage, dryness, and frizziness.
To help you find the right one, we’ve compiled some of the best hot air brushes for thick hair below!
|INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Titanium Ceramic Hot Air Brush||See Price|
|Revlon One-Step Volumizer Round Hot Air Brush||See Price|
|INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Hot Air Spin Brush||See Price|
|HOT TOOLS Professional One Step Dryer Volumizer||See Price|
|Bongtai Hot Air Brush||See Price|
|Bed Head One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer Hot Air Brush||See Price|
|Dekugaa Hot Air Brush||See Price|
|Jinri Hair Dryer & Volumizer Hot Air Brush||See Price|
|Songtai 3-in-1 Hot Air Brush||See Price|
Best Hot Air Brushes for Thick Hair
Here are our detailed reviews of the best hot air brushes for thick hair.
1. HOT TOOLS Professional One Step Dryer Volumizer – Our Top Pick
The Hot Tools Professional One-step volumizer is the most expensive-looking dryer on the list, and it’s also one of the most advanced! The brush’s surface comes with 24K Gold Technology that promotes even heat distribution and delivers good styling results consistently.
Not only that, but this also has charcoal-infused bristles, which is excellent at refreshing hair even without a shower!
- It comes with an ALCI safety plug that’s a safety requirement for US dryers.
- The dryer comes with rotating temperature controls so you can easily switch from one heat setting to another.
- The brush’s Variable Geometry Design smoothens and volumizes the hair and curls the ends.
- It comes with an 8 ft swivel cord for easy operation.
- Users find a high heat setting to be too hot.
- The dryer is too heavy.
If you think high-quality hot air brushes are expensive, the INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Hot Air Brush will prove you wrong. Despite its low price, this hot air brush comes with advanced ionic technology, which delivers 50% more ions for less frizzy hair.
It also has Titanium Ceramic Barrel for even heat distribution and excellent heat protection. With these technologies, the hot air brush claims to give you 2 times the shine and 3 times less the frizz!
- The brush comes with anti-static bristles for styling and removing tangles.
- It also comes with a 1.5-inch barrel, which is the right size for styling thick hair.
- You can choose from low, high, and cool settings for styling flexibility.
- The ball-tipped bristles won’t hurt your scalp.
- It’s not as durable as the other brushes.
- The barrel size may not be suitable for short hair.
The Revlon One-Step Volumizer is known for having an oval barrel. This unique shape allows the brush to smoothen the hair and create volume at the same time.
It comes with a combination of nylon pin and tufted bristles that are perfect for detangling and volumizing the hair, so you can say that this hot air brush is a jack of all trades!
- The tufted bristles ensure that it won’t cause pain on your scalp.
- It features the ETL Certification Seal, which proves that its design meets all safety requirements.
- The brush comes in five eye-catching colors—mint, black, turquoise, red, and pink.
- It comes with air vents for faster drying.
- The brush has three heat and speed settings so you can choose the right temperature for your hair.
- The brush produces too much noise.
- Maneuvering the oval barrel has a learning curve.
Designed for precision styling, the Hair Sensation Pro Hot Air Brush Dryer is packed with 1000 watts of styling power.
Because of its ionic technology and ceramic composition, the dryer can dry your hair from within, minimizing heat exposure and damage in the process.
Due to the dryer’s unique design, it can be placed near the scalp to lift and volumize your hair.
- It’s a multifunctional tool that works as a styler, straightener, and volumizer.
- The dryer offers 3 adjustable heat settings so you can choose the right thermostat for your hair needs.
- It comes with European-inspired tufted bristles and nylon pins, which can help you detangle, volumize, and style your hair.
- The brush features a sleek black and pink color.
- Since it has a big barrel, it won’t work well on short hair.
- It’s difficult to find.
Infinitipro by Conair Hot Air Brush helps you to style as you dry in the easiest way possible! The unique thing about this air brush is it rotates in both directions to help you achieve the volume and curls you’ve always wanted!
With its ionic technology, the brush generates ions to boost hair shine and minimize frizz.
- It has antistatic bristles which smoothen, shine, and dry your hair—all at the same time!
- The brush comes with 2-inch and 1.5-inch barrels to accommodate different hair lengths.
- It has a cool shot setting to lock in the hairstyle.
- The cord is too short, so you have to style your hair near an outlet.
- The bristles split quickly.
The Bongtai Hot Air Brush is marketed as a 3-in-1 styling tool as it claims to function as a flat iron, blow dryer, and a brush. This claim is due to the barrel’s oval design that allows it to straighten the hair and curl it at the end—just like a flat iron!
- With its 3 temperature and 2-speed settings, this dryer will give you a customized styling experience.
- A 90-day moneyback guarantee covers it.
- The dryer comes with built-in heat protection to help maintain hair shine.
- It also has vented holes for better airflow.
- It breaks easily.
- It takes too long to heat up.
With its bright color combination, the Bed Head One-step Hair Dryer is probably the coolest brush you’ll ever lay your eyes on. But aside from its appearance, its features are out of this world too.
It’s the only hot air brush that comes with Ego Boost Mixed Pattern Bristles to help you achieve voluminous, textured, and well-defined waves and curls. Its Pump It Oval Design ensures better styling control.
- It comes with a cool tip to prevent burning.
- The Tourmaline Ceramic Technology ensures that you can get the shine that you need even with 2nd-day hair.
- It also features a Manipulator rotating heat setting control for easy adjustments.
- The bristles melt fast.
- Most people complain that the brush made their hair frizzy.
The Dekugaa Hot Air Brush is a 4-in-1 styling tool that you shouldn’t miss out on! The oval brush comes with ionic technology so you can easily style your hair with minimal damage.
It has three features that will help you style and dry your hair fast—heat steam for less damage, rapid heating mechanism, and 3-layer ceramic coating to boost hair smoothness.
- The dryer comes with a 360-degree swivel cord so you can style your hair at any angle.
- The oval design allows you to place the dryer near your scalp.
- This tool can help you cur, straighten, dry, and style your hair.
- It’s not recommended for short hair.
- It gives off smoke and slight odor during the first few minutes.
Smooth blowouts at half the time—this is the Jinri Promise. With its 1000-watt power, this air brush will give you the right temperature you need to dry and style your hair fast.
It features a 1.25-inch ceramic barrel that will allow you to style and dry hair of any length with minimal damage. Its ionic technology leaves the hair smooth and shiny.
- This comes with a safety plug that will be automatically activated when there’s a short circuit.
- The nylon bristles ensure better hold for easy styling.
- It has a 9-feet cord—the longest on this list!
- This is not recommended for hair shorter than shoulder length.
- This gets too hot.
The Songtai Hot Air Brush is a lightweight 3-in-1 styling tool that you can bring with you wherever you go. Same with all the other dryers, this also comes with Ionic and Ceramic Tourmaline Technology.
What makes it different from the rest is its lifetime warranty that you can’t find in any other dryer on the list.
- It has unique airflow vents for faster drying.
- The tufted bristles won’t dig on your scalp.
- It has a cool tip that can prevent scalding.
- You can use this to create wavy, curly, and straight hairstyles.
- It gives off a burning smell from time to time.
- It’s big and bulky.
When it comes to styling thick hair, minimizing heat damage should be your main priority. That’s why we decided to go with HOT TOOLS Professional One Step Dryer Volumizer because its unique 24K gold Technology and charcoal-infused bristles work together to help you achieve the best hairstyle with minimal damage.