If you’ve invested on a great hair straightener why not a professional hair dryer that dries your hair quickly and can do a lot more than average hair dryers?
A hairstylist has several options to blow-dry their clients’ hair because a hair dryer will be overheating and automatically shut off if it is used on a lot of clients’ hair continuously.
Often found in a salon are Chi, Elchim, Solano, Babyliss, and Sedu dryers.
Professional hair dryers often cost more than 100 bucks but it’s worth it and they have a lot of advanced features that average hair dryers simply don’t.
|Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Parlux 3200 Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Turbo Power 1500 Hair Dryer||See Price|
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino Full-Size Dryer||See Price|
|RUSK Engineering W8less Professional Dryer||See Price|
|JINRI Infrared Professional Salon Ionic Sterilization Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Elchim Classic 2001 Hair Dryer||See Price|
|MHU Professional Salon Low Noise Hair Dryer||See Price|
|CHIC REPUBLIC Professional Ionic Hair Dryer||See Price|
Here are the best possible dryers you could buy and the reason why they are way more expensive and much appreciated by hairstylists than average dryers on the market.
- Time saver: they are more powerful that will save time a lot of time. It dries and smooths hair quickly
- Don’t have to buy a new one every year because they last longer
- Clean the vent on the back of hair dryer easily by taking apart the vent – this will make the hair tool last longer
- The included small, narrow nozzles with different sizes direct air better
- Most professional hairdryer comes with 2 – year warranty policy, some brands even offer a lifetime warranty
- Feel premium on hand, easy to handle while blowing dry hair
- They have a high-quality built-in heating element – ceramic or titanium
- They are quiet so you hear a less loud sound while blow-drying
- They are light-weight since hairdressers don’t like holding something heavy for a long period of time – blow-drying their client’s hair.
Consumer blow dryer
- In the back of the blow dryer, there is a vent that keeps particles and different things in your hair out of it while you blow-dry your hair but it is non-removable to clean.
Once it is filled up in the filter the blow dryer may burn out. It is quite tricky to open the dryer and clean the filter.
- Long, cheap cord, and feel cheap on your hand
- It takes a longer time to completely dry your hair compared to a professional hairdryer
- They don’t get hot enough to dry hair
Small, travel-friendly size but a powerful professional hairdryer. Who is it for? – long, thick hair and you need to dry your hair quickly.
- Sedu Revolution Lite is a compact, lightweight hairdryer but it is still powerful
- It features ceramic heating which will reduce frizz
- You always find the right setting for temperature and speed for your hair – they have six-speed to choose from.
- Heavy? you can hold the hairdryer for a long time comfortably because the tool is designed to distribute weight evenly and the ergonomic holder that you won’t find on other tools.
- Well, two options to direct air – it comes with 2 nozzles.
- Longer cord means more flexible
Who is it for? – very long, thick, or wavy hair and you need to dry your hair quickly.
- The quality 1875W AC motor that is durable for long time use
- Sedu Revolution Hair Dryer features an Ion Generator, you can control the amount of ion for your styling.
- Like Sedu Revolution Lite, this hair dryer has six-speed and temperature settings
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
SuperSolano Professional Dryer
Who is it for? – Any hair types
The SuperSolano offers the most features you would need. It leaves your hair shiny and saves a lot of time.
Tips: Before you straighten or curl your hair, if it is wet you should dry it first to bring it to a ready-state to style, in other words completely dry.
Here are some typical features of SuperSolano
- The tourmaline heating element add frizz-free shine
- It features a cold button to set and keep the style you love
- The SuperSolano has 2 speeds to blow dry hair and 3 adjustable temperature settings
- Narrow nozzles: it is better to direct air to quickly dry your hair
- 2-year warranty
- Long cord sometimes is inconvenient
- Quite heavy
Who is it for? – thick, wavy hair
Turning your hair from a wet mess to shiny and manageable is now easy with Solia SuperHot.
If a hairstylist can hold this tool for a long time without discomfort, it is lightweight and comfortable.
- Double-wave heating technology dries hair fast
- Tourmaline reduces static and frizz
- The Solia SuperHot is powerful with 6 speed and temperature settings, able to dry your hair with optimal time.
- 2-year warranty
Blow-dry your hair is the first step for perfect hairstyles. If you fail this step, you maybe struggled to regain a perfect result.
Blowing your hair out with this hair tool will keep your hair smooth and prevent frizz.
With dual-tech motor, they are incredibly powerful your hair is completely dried in minutes.
The Theorie SAGA II AIRSHINE is lightweight and comfortable to hold and they come with a 4-year warranty.
Who is it for? – fine hair.
This hair dryer generates negative ions that are beneficial for your hair whether you have fine or thick hair, leaving smooth and polish.
The 1907 hairdryer is less powerful than our top pick. But it comes cheaper and feels solid on hand with rubberized holder.
Other accessories such as a nozzle, a large diffuser, and a posh little carrying bag work as advertised.
- The ceramic DC Motor is lightweight and can serve 2000 life hours
- The 1907 hairdryer is quieter than other competitors
- 1907 Zero7 comes with a handy accessory including a nozzle and diffuser and a travel bag
- Great value for the price
- Lifetime warranty
Who is it for? - curly, long hair
If you have been using a blow dryer for a long time, this Parlux 3200 will be a life-changer. After drying your hair with this tool, you will notice your hair becomes more bouncy and defined.
The Parlux 3200 is a powerful, compact hairdryer.
Who is it for? Anyone with fine, dyed hair.
Anyone with fine hair would have a hard time when blowing dry it.
- You have more options for your hairs with 5 heat and 2-speed settings
- The stainless steel filter is removable for easy cleaning, prolonging the lifetime of the product
- Just 1-year warranty
- Made in Italy
Who is it for? Anyone with fine, dyed hair. Solano 3200 is a professional grade dryer, it is easy to handle but feel quite big and heavy on hand. The Cool setting is a nice feature. The long cord and big size make this hair tool are not suitable for traveling.
- Ceramic heating elements provide persistent temperature
- Far infrared heat generates consistent heat, leaving hair structure stronger, softer, and healthier
- Silver nanotechnology protect heat flow against bacterias
- 2-year limited warranty
- The cord is unnecessarily long
Being able to generate the rich negatively charged irons, the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino works nicely on hair that is so dry even make it shiner than other hair dryers do on your hair.
The handle is ergonomically designed for ease of use, feel solid on hand just like this is contoured to your hand.
While operating it is not too loud, it comes with 3 sizes of nozzles and a diffuser.
Who is it for? Thick and coarse hair
Drying thick and coarse hair is quite challenging as it would require longer heating time. The Rusk Engineering W8less Professional dryer is here to make sure that you can dry your client's thick and coarse hair in the easiest way possible!
- Far-infrared rays that dry the hair from within for faster drying
- Ceramic and tourmaline materials to prevent frizz and increase shine
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed dryer for your comfort
- Extremely powerful motor for hassle-free and fast drying
- Easy-to-hold design to minimize fatigue
Who is it for? Tangled and frizzy hair!
The JINRI Infrared Sterilization Professional Hair Dryer is here to put an end to dry and unmanageable hair as it has all the features needed to create smooth, shiny and beautiful hair.
- 1875 AC motor that can dry hair 45% faster and lasts 3x longer than other dryers
- 3- heat and 2- speed settings for drying all kinds and textures of hair
- Non-damaging infrared heat to lessen frizz by 60% and provide added heat protection
- Removable filter cap and hanging loop for easy storage and maintenance
- Cool Shot button for the additional heating option
- Ceramic and tourmaline technology for better hair protection
Who is it for? Unmanageable hair
Battling with unmanageable hair is now a thing of the past thanks to the Elchim Classic 2001 Professional Hair Dryer. This lightweight and quiet dryer have everything you need to tame that unruly hair!
- Reliable and efficient high-pressure air compression technology
- Long-lasting motor that can deliver 2000 hours of drying time
- Two speed and five temperature setting to cater the different needs of various hair types
- Sleek and stylish black-and-white design
Who is it for? All hair types!
Now, here's a hair dryer that can accommodate the needs of almost all hair types! The MHU Professional ceramic hair dryer is one of the best professional hair dryers for a hair stylist because of all its amazing features.
- Far infrared heat for a healthy, shiny, and smooth hair
- Two attachments (diffuser and concentrator) available to satisfy all hair demands
- AC motor to minimize electric usage and prolong the dryer's life span
- 1875 watt AC motor that's designed to reduce drying time to minimize the hair's exposure to heat
Who is it for? Long and thick hair
Drying long and thick hair is now made easy with the powerful Chic Republic Hair Dryer. This is the reason why it's considered to be one of the best professional hair dryers for a hair stylist.
- Ionic ceramic technology for heat protection
- High-performance motor and maximum airflow
- Temperature indicator light for hot and cool airflow
- Static reducing technology to tame frizz and boost hair shine
How did we pick professional hairdryers?
We searched, outlined specs, and compared more than 50 models. A lot of factors to consider but we sorted out: material, performance, weight, the abundance of negative irons, durability, and most importantly dry time.
Titanium hair dryers are lightweight and easiest to handle while styling, they are also the most abundant source to generate ions.
The heat release from it is more intense than other types of the hair dryer, so your hair dries quickly.
Ceramic hair dryers tend to be more gentle in terms of heat. The far-infrared heat from ceramic cause less hair damage.
We considered extras such as diffusers and nozzles, these additional accessories that are removable and they help concentrate or diffuse air.