I did a reasearch on sulfate free shampoo, it’s quite interesting to figure out where these ingredients come from. If you have known these ingredients are good for you hair, it’s much easier to pick your products.
- Lauryl Glucoside: Non-ionic surfactants, coconut oil derivatives
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine: amphoteric surfactant, according wikipedia, it is a derivative of coconut oil and dimethylaminopropylamine
- Sodium cocoyl glutamate: Widely used in shampoos, another coconut oil derivative
- PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate: while it gives a soft and smooth appearance for hair, it acts as a solubilizer. It is a product of coconut oil-derived fatty acids
- PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil: sobulizer, derivatives of castor oil
To adjust the pH of shampoo, they use citric acid solution
Lastly a thickener will be added to the mixture.
A note that the ingredients I list in this post are INCI names, they are related to products from different companies and each company may develop their own fomulations to their customers.