Short-haired dogs require regular grooming sessions, just like their doggy friends with dense and long fur. While their short coat usually doesn’t mat or tangle, these dogs can shed more hair than one could imagine. Grooming them using a short hair dog brush can reduce the amount of fur falling all over your house.
You need the right brush suitable for their short coat for a comfortable and proper grooming session. To make your quest easier in this article, we are reviewing 7 best brushes for short hair dog that will worth your money.
|Top||ConairPRO Pet-It Boar Bristle Brush||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top||Le Salon Essentials Rubber Grooming Brush||Best for Bathing||See Price|
|Top||Furminator Rubber Curry Brush||Runner-up||See Price|
|Top||Pet Neat Professional Deshedding Brush||Best Overall||See Price|
|Top||Professional Magic Pro Shedding Brush||Best Deshedding Brush||See Price|
|Top||Hertzko Pet Bath & Massage Brush||Best Massage Brush||See Price|
|Top||DakPets Pet Grooming Brush||Best Heavy Duty Brush||See Price|
Best Brushes for Dogs With Short Hair
Brushing a dog’s short coat removes the dead skin, hair, and distributes your pet’s natural body oils. For short-haired pooches, brushing feels a lot like petting, so most of them feel happy during these grooming sessions.
However, if your dog shows signs of discomfort, then you’re probably using the wrong kind of brush. So you need to find the right grooming tool.
Below are 7 ideal brushes we recommend for dogs with short hair.
1. ConairPRO Dog Boar Bristle Brush
The ConairPRO Bristle Brush blends 50% natural boar and 50% synthetic bristles ideal for short and curly fur. This handheld short hair dog brush glides effortlessly to smoothen and distribute natural oils in your canine’s coat. It features Palm-Petting Grip Technology, so you won’t feel any fatigue every time you brush your dog’s hair.
- The brush features high-quality and durable materials.
- It weighs only 1.44 ounces making it comfortable to use even during long grooming sessions.
- Bristles are not too stiff or too soft.
- The handle is too tiny to fit most hands.
- The brush itself is small, which makes grooming sessions longer for large dogs.
- The surface of the brush is arched, so only the center bristles touch the dog.
2. Le Salon Essentials Rubber Grooming Brush
Le Salon’s grooming brush is an excellent tool for removing loose and shedding fur of short and smooth-haired breeds. It is made from a rubber material and includes a loop handle. You can use this even during their bath time to create suds and scrub your pet.
- It’s an effective shedding brush for wet and dry fur.
- The grooming brush is versatile and can function as a scrub during bath time.
- Rubber material and loop handle allow a secure grip during every use.
- This brush doesn’t work on matted and tangled hair.
- The rubber bristles are stiff and don’t flex very well.
- Pulling out the hair from the brush is a struggle.
3. Furminator Rubber Curry Brush
No other short-haired dog brush looks as sleek and ultramodern as the Furminator Rubber Curry Brush. This rubber brush is ideal for removing loose fur and dust from your canine companion. Not only is this suitable for dogs with short hair, but you can also use this on breeds with medium coats. If you dog’s hair is growing long, try these long-haired dog brushes.
- The molded rubber teeth help stimulate the production of natural oils for a healthy and shiny fur.
- It has an anti-bacterial property that minimizes germs and bacteria build-up in the plastic.
- It’s gentle enough to use on dogs with sensitive skin.
- The hand strap is non-adjustable and barely fits a few fingers.
- The fur doesn’t completely stick to the rubber teeth and will only float around.
- It only has a few rubber teeth, and it’s not pliable.
4. Pet Neat Professional Deshedding Brush
Pet Neat grooming brush can effortlessly brush away up to 95% of your pet’s dead hair and tangles. Thanks to its stainless steel blade, you can effectively reach deep down your pet’s undercoat. What’s even more surprising is that it can deshed your pets as fast as 10 minutes.
- Blades are durable and rust-resistant.
- You can use this for all hair types and lengths.
- The ergonomic handle is sturdy, comfortable, hypoallergenic, non-slip, and environmentally sustainable.
- The steel blades are sharp and could scrape or cut pets if not used gently.
- The blades don’t collect all the fur, so some still float around in the air.
- The tab and clip for the detachable head is plastic and can break within several uses.
5. Professional Magic Pro Shedding Brush for Cats
Cat and dog lovers can say goodbye to excessive tumbleweeds of fur from their pet’s short coats. Like the grooming tool above, this also claims to reduce shedding by up to 95% in just minutes. With each stroke, you can remove the toughest undercoat from your furry friend.
- It has a detachable shedding blade for easy storage and cleaning.
- Blades don’t have sharp tips, so it’s comfortable for dogs.
- The handle has rubber grooves for a comfortable and non-slip grip.
- Blades are short, so you need to pull the hair off after every stroke.
- The brushing process can take longer for larger dogs because of the short blades.
- This brush is more expensive than Pet Neat’s brush.
6. Hertzko Pet Bath & Massage Brush
This dog brush by Hertzko has rubber bristles that collect loose and shed hair from your pet’s coat. The bristles help increase their blood circulation and leave their fur looking smooth and shiny. Plus, it’s great to use for your pet’s massage and bath sessions.
- Rubberized comfort grip on the side of the brush gives you great control.
- It allows the soap to penetrate deep into the dog’s hair roots.
- The brush is easy to clean.
- There is no handle or strap for extra security.
- The bristles are quite stiff and rough, unlike what the description says.
- It doesn’t catch all the fur.
7. DakPets Dog Hair Removal Brush
Here’s another brush that can assist dog owners in reducing the shedding of their short-haired pooches. It has a non-irritating 4-inch stainless steel comb that is high-quality and heavy-duty. Aside from being a deshedding tool, this dog brush also trims your dog’s fur.
- The brush includes a blade cover to protect its lifespan and for the user’s added safety during storage.
- It has a convenient eyelet so you can clip or hang this from your belt.
- The ergonomic handle allows non-slip and soft-grip use.
- The brush seems to trim more than it helps with shedding.
- The blades are short, so after two or more brushes, you need to take the fur out.
- The ends of the brush are prickly and sharp.
Short-haired dogs shed hair like it’s their business. With regular brushing, you can control and even reduce their coat’s excessive shedding. The only problem is that you can’t use just any grooming tool. You need a dog brush that is suitable for their short coat and won’t cut their skin.
If your dogs are scared of big brushes, opt for a smaller tool like Conair’s bristle brush. There are also versatile brushing tools that you can use to massage and scrub your pup while they bathe. Your dog’s comfort and health should be the top priority as you choose a new brush.