Curling irons with clamps are amazing devices. They make curling easy, even for beginners, so anyone can have amazing, styled hair! However, not all clamp curling irons offer the same benefits or quality of experience.
We’ve reviewed the best curling irons with clamps, each with its pros and cons to consider. Continue reading to find a suitable one for you!
|ghd Curve Soft Curling Iron||See Price|
|amika The Autopilot 3-in-1 Rotating Curling Iron||See Price|
|Paul Mitchell Titanium Curling Iron||See Price|
|Xtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Iron and Wand Set||See Price|
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron||See Price|
|FHI HEAT Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron||See Price|
|Hot Tools Professional Regular Barrel Curling Iron||See Price|
Best Curling Irons with Clamps
GHD (which stands for good hair day) has made a curling iron we love. Featuring a 1.25in barrel, this curler is a great choice for all kinds of straight hair. What makes this curler stand out is its Ultra-Zone Technology, which keeps tabs on the cone temperature and automatically changes to best fit your hair’s needs.
Since the temperature adapts to your hair, you’ll end up with consistently good looking curls without running the risk of overheating or damaging your hair. The only downside to this product is its relatively steep price, though if it fits your budget, we’re sure you’ll love it!
- Curls short or long hair well
- Adaptive temperature keeps your hair healthy and shiny
- Several safety features keep it safe
- Relatively expensive
Amika amika is a well-known brand in the salon world. Luckily, this 3-1 curler is salon-quality but consumer priced! It features a ceramic barrel, a 360-degree rotating clamp and produces polished, long-lasting curls.
Where this iron really shines is in its versatility. Not only can you use it as a clamp iron, but it can be configured to be a curling wand and a marcel iron, too! Its utility at a modest price point is a great way to prevent buying several accessories and will help you save hundreds of dollars.
- A true 3-1 can help you experiment with your hair without investing in multiple devices
- Ceramic barrel helps keep hair looking polished and healthy
- Comfortable price point makes this curler accessible to most customers
- Marcel curling is geared towards experienced users. It is easy for a beginner to damage their hair if they don’t use the traditional clamp setting
- Lacks automatic safety features
Coarse hair can be a thorn in your side if you love the looks of curls. If that sounds familiar, then you need a high-heat curler, like this Paul Mitchell curler! The curler heats quickly to a 430F temperature, which is right where you need to be to curl coarse hair.
The barrel is made from titanium, which heats evenly to help keep your hair moisturized and healthy. You can even replace the spring in the handle, which means you can expect to keep this curler in your closet for years to come!
- Barrel is available in four different sizes
- Handle spring can be replaced (the most likely component to fail)
- Max temperature of 430F will easily curl most coarse hair
- Very approachable price point
- Only one heat setting (not ideal for fine, soft hair)
- No auto-shutoff safety feature
No products found.
This curling iron is a perfect fit for those that like to add a bit of variety to their curling style. The Anjou Curling Iron is designed with a variable heat setting, curling as low as 176F and as high as 410F. The ceramic coating on the barrel is great for even heating and polished looking hair.
It’s also loaded with safety features. This iron can be set down to cool, shuts off automatically after 30 minutes, and the rotatable power cord is more than 6ft for easy handling.
- Fast heat-up time (less than a minute in most cases)
- Variable heating options
- Plenty of safety features
- Easy to handle, even for beginners
- The cool tip is very short, adding a burn risk
- Lever can be hard to squeeze for some users
This Xtava curling kit is perfect for those who value utility above all else. It comes with three different kinds of clamped barrels as well as two kinds of clipless wands. All five attachments are ceramic coated to easily glide over hair, and all are compatible with the variable heat setting (which can be set between 250F and 410F.)
Xtava also designed an automatic shut off feature, regardless of the attachment that you use. Each attachment also lacks a cool tip, which is ideal for more surface area for curling (but be sure not to burn yourself!)
- Even if you don’t want the wands, the three different clamp attachments are perfect for adding variety to your style
- Lots of surface area for faster curling
- Automatic shutoff feature
- No cooling tip is great for faster curling but significantly increases burn risk for inexperienced users
- Longer heating time compared to similar models
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Curler is another great choice for inexperienced curlers who still want access to a quality curling experience. This curler supports 50 different heating settings, which makes it a great choice for coarse hair, fine hair, and everything in between.
The Nano-Titanium Barrel is designed to provide even heating, which is ideal for keeping hair protected and evenly curled. This curler can be used to make both small, tight curls or more wavy styles.
- The high maximum temperature and Turbo Heat trigger are perfect for coarse, unyielding hair
- Nano Titanium coating helps prevent overheating and damage to hair
- Variable heating makes it easy to create waves or small, tight curls
- Extra high temperatures and Turbo Heat trigger can be dangerous for inexperienced users
- Titanium is great for even heating but may not glide as smoothly as a purely ceramic chamber
FHI is another well-known salon brand that has created a fantastic consumer curling iron. Its light-weight and ergonomic design mean easy handling to get your curls exactly how you want. The chamber is coated in ceramic, which means less catching on your hair and a more polished look.
This curler supports two heat settings, a high and low option, though it doesn’t have the precision heating we’ve seen in other models. This model is available in four different sizes, so be sure to get the one that is the best fit for your hair!
- Available in four sizes to tackle a variety of different hairstyles
- Different heating options help style either fine or coarse hair
- Ergonomic design is easy on the hands and reduces risk of burns
- Lack of precision heating can make specific styling more difficult
- May not accommodate extra fine or extra coarse hair
- BEST PROFESSIONAL CURLING IRON - $149.00 - Our typical waver curling iron provides the best styling results to your hair anytime and anywhere. The flat...
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL, DUAL VOLTAGE HAIR CURLING IRON - The one inch barrel curling iron heats quickly with variable temperature settings. Built in buttons...
- TOURMALINE HAIR CURLER IRON WITH EXTRA LONG 360° SWIVEL CORD - Our hair protectant curling iron with tourmaline offers endless styling features. The 1...
- SALON STYLE CURLING WANDS FOR ALL HAIR TYPES - Our professional grade curling wand allows you to accommodate all hair types. Create smooth hairstyles of...
For those with extra fine hair, this curler is a fantastic option. It supports variable heating options, which are clearly displayed on an LCD digital display. It uses a ceramic coating for shiny, polished hair and features an extra-long clamp to curl more hair at once.
This curler also features an auto-shutoff option and a 360-degree swivel cord to prevent accidents and support easy handling.
- Digital display makes it easy to know exactly what your temperature settings are
- The long clamp and small barrel are great for getting tight curls
- All around great choice for fine, fragile hair
- Max temperature is not high enough to handle tough, coarse hair
- Extra small barrel makes it difficult to produce waves instead of curls
- Ceramic barrel technology
- 25 heat settings – up to 400°F
- Dual voltage for worldwide use
- Ceramic barrel provides maximum heat transfer
Find yourself traveling and hate lugging around a big curler? This BaBylissPRO curler is the little companion you never knew you needed! Featuring a very short barrel as small as .75 in, this curler is small in size but not in quality. It supports variable heating (up to 25 different choices), with a top temperature of 440F.
It also features a ceramic coating, which is popular for getting the polished, shiny look you love in your curls. This is a great travel choice for most kinds of hair.
- Its small design is perfect for traveling
- Variable heat settings accommodate most kinds of hair
- Ceramic coating is great for consistent heating and great looking hair
- There are more efficient options for curlers you plan to use every day
- Only available with very thing barrel options
If you struggle with styling your textured or coarse hair, this Hot Tools curler is another great choice. With a high maximum temperature of 430F and an automatic feature to maintain temperature, it is one of the most efficient ways to tackle stubborn, textured hair.
Don’t have textured hair? No worries! This iron supports variable heating options, and the “stay hot” feature is supported at all temperature ranges.
- Temperature gets hot quickly and stays hot, ideal for coarse hair
- Styling surface conducts heat very well
- Variable setting makes this product available to a wide variety of hairstyles
- Lack of ceramic coating may cause catching while using
- Available in several different sizes, but each must be purchased separately
We know that sometimes it can be difficult to find the best curling iron with clamps to meet your needs, so we hope that with these great options you can find something that works for you.
Always be sure to research your hair type, so you can create a healthy styling routine that keeps your locks luxurious and stylish for any occasion.