Short hair looks cute and edgy. But if you’ve been sporting short hair for quite a while, you already know how difficult it is to find the right flat irons for it. After all, most of the styling tools you’ll find online are developed for the needs of long hair.
Since more and more women are starting to join the short hair revolution, most manufacturers felt the need to create styling tools to suit their needs, and they started with the flat iron.
Same as for long hair, the best flat iron for short hair should have advanced technologies for even heat distribution and heat protection. The only difference lies in the barrel size.
If you have a pixie or buzz cut, the best flat iron for short hair is a mini flat iron or those that have a 1/2 – inch plate. If you have a haircut that’s longer than the said cuts but is still shorter than shoulder-length, the best option that you have is a flat iron with a 1-inch heat plate.
With that covered, let’s find out what the best flat iron for short hair is.
|Top Top||Bed Head Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron||Runner-up||See Price|
|Top Top||BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron||Best Overall||See Price|
|Top Top||AmoVee Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron||Best Budget Flat Iron||See Price|
|Top Top||Kiss Products Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron||Best Multipurpose Iron||See Price|
|Top Top||INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Rainbow Titanium Flat Iron||Fastest||See Price|
|MHD Professional Travel Size 0.5 inch Mini Flat Iron||Best for Travel||See Price|
Best Flat Irons for Short Hair
Here is the detailed review of the 6 best flat irons for short hair. Let’s check these out:
There’s more to this eye-catching ceramic flat iron than just good looks. The Bed Head Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron has 1/2- inch plates perfect for taming loose hairs and teasing the roots of short hair.
- The flat iron heats quickly—only 30 seconds!
- This is lightweight to minimize hand fatigue.
- It has Tourmaline Ceramic technology for excellent shine,
- The tool looks cool with its turquoise and pink combination.
- Its highest temperature is only 200 F.
- The paint chips off.
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Flat Iron is a small but terrible flat iron. This flat iron delivers excellent heat retention even with its compact, travel-friendly size.
It provides instant and even heat of up to 440 F so you can style your hair in the easiest, fastest, and safest way possible.
- The ceramic-coated heaters protect the hair from heat.
- The thin plates allow you to get close to the scalp so you can use it to lift hair roots.
- It comes in a travel-ready size.
- There’s a gap between the plates, so it’s not suitable for fine and thin hair.
- The handle tends to get hot.
The AmoVee Flat Iron has a 0.79-inch plate that is the perfect choice for styling the nape section, bangs, and short hair.
It also has 3D floating ceramic Tourmaline plates reduce frizz and won’t pull your hair so that you can enjoy great shine and silky smoothness.
- The plates heat up to 410F.
- It’s dual voltage, so it’s travel-friendly.
- The flat iron comes with a safety lock at the tip to avoid accidents.
- The plates have no gap so that it can work well on thin hair.
- The 360-degree swivel cord won’t tangle and will allow you to move freely during the straightening process.
- It leaves a slight wave on the hair.
- It has no variable temperature settings.
Featuring 3/10-inch plates, the Kiss Products Flat Iron is perfect for pixie cuts and the shortest haircuts there are. These thin plates are perfect for precision edge straightening and for curling the ends of your hair.
The good thing is this pencil flat iron, slim as it may be, has ceramic technology which maintains hair’s moisture and gets rid of frizz.
- It has a tangle-free design for easy maneuvering during the styling process.
- The flat iron reaches 450 F in just 60 seconds.
- The ceramic plates distribute hair evenly to minimize hot spots.
- This is too hot, even with the lowest heat setting.
- It’s not effective on 4C Natural hair.
With its rainbow plates, the InfinitiPro By Conair Titanium Flat Iron is mesmerizing to look at. When you discover what its features are, you’ll be even more amazed by it.
The flat iron has a 1-inch extra-long floating titanium with wider coverage, facilitating better contact and a quicker styling process.
The best thing is it comes with both Titanium technology and ceramic plates for minimal heat damage and better frizz control.
- It heats up within 30 seconds.
- The thin plates are perfect for creating both wavy and sleek hairstyles.
- It boasts of up to 6 temperature heat settings for different types of hair thickness.
- It’s equipped with a heat recovery system for even heat distribution and to maintain ultra-high heat levels.
- It can reach up to 455 F.
- The floating plates don’t close all the way, so it’s not suitable for thin hair.
- The temp controls are in an awkward position so that you may adjust the heat settings accidentally.
If you’re looking for the most compact mini flat iron for your travel needs, the MHD Professional Flat iron may just be what you’re looking for. Despite being possibly the smallest flat iron that you can ever lay your hands on, it’s still equipped with some of the best technology you can enjoy in flat iron.
It has tourmaline ceramic plates that can help you enjoy silky smooth hair. Plus, it’s designed for fast warm-up to 365 F within just a few seconds.
- The flat iron is extremely compact– only 0.5-inch in length.
- Thanks to its PTC heater, it can warm up fast.
- It’s also extremely lightweight.
- The size of the flat iron may not be suitable for people with big hands.
- It’s not dual voltage.
All of these are great options for styling short hair. But of course, there’s only one best flat iron for short hair for your needs. For us, it’s the Bed Head Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron best.