Bouncy, long-lasting curls are a woman’s best friend. They can instantly transform any look. The only problem is, sometimes they take way too long to create. So, if you’re tired of fighting with your curling iron daily, why not try something new? We’ve scoured the internet to review the best hair curlers for perfect curls and waves.
Why Use A Hair Curler
You might have a ton of reasons for wanting to try cute new curls on your hair. Maybe you have an event coming up and you want to look extra special. Maybe you’re trying to impress someone or you’re just anxious to do something new with your hair!
All of these are perfectly valid reasons for wanting to try curling your hair. However, it can be hard to find the perfect hair curler to get the job done the right way.
Some hair curlers don’t get hot enough, so your hair never quite achieves that perfect curl. Other hair curlers get way too hot and let off uneven heat, so your hair ends up dry and damaged in some places.
Some hair curlers create hard, crispy curls that don’t look natural and never quite lose that stiff look. If you’ve never quite had luck on your side in your search for the right hair curler to suit your needs, look no further!
Looking for the best hair curlers to buy in 2022? Here’s our top picks:
|Top||Tifara Beauty 42-pack 7" Flexible Curling Rods||Best Overall||See Prices|
|Top||Willbond 36 Pieces Cold Wave Rod||Runner Up||See Prices|
|Top||Cekeme 40pcs Hair Curler for Long Hair||Best Splurge||See Prices|
|Top||Remington H5600H Ionic Conditioning Hair Setter||Best Hot Rollers||See Prices|
|Top||Diane Magnetic Hair Rollers||Best Heatless Rollers||See Prices|
|Top||Annie Jumbo Cold Wave Rods||Best for Long Hair||See Prices|
|Top||Aimin Hair Overnight Hair Rollers||Best for Overnight Curls||See Prices|
|Top||Wrap Snap and Go Comfort Curlers||Best for Effortless Curls||See Prices|
|EEEKit 36 Pieces Spiral Hair Curlers||Best for Heatless Waves||See Prices|
Top Hair Curlers
1. Tifara Beauty 42-pack 7″ Flexible Curling Rods – Best Overall
Wouldn’t life be so much easier if you could wake up with the perfect curls or waves every morning? With over 25,000 reviews, these heatless curling rods are incredibly popular on Amazon. And the best part is, the curls only take a couple of hours to develop, so they can be used either during the day or overnight.
- Brand: Tiara Beauty
- Color: Multicolor
- Material: Plastic
- Size: 7”
- Pieces: 42
- Comes with six different curling rod sizes
- Suitable for long or short hair
- Lightweight rods are barely noticeable
- Comfortable enough for overnight use
- Heatless for damage-free curls
- Claims to work well on dry hair but some users report dampening hair or using mousse is best for optimal results
- Only comes with six of each rod size
2. Willbond 36 Pieces Cold Wave Rod – Runner Up/Best Budget Option
Do you want gorgeous curls without worrying about sacrificing your hair health or breaking the bank? These budget-friendly heatless curling rods are made in six different sizes and deliver the perfect curl every time. They’re super easy to use and equally effortless to remove.
- Brand: Willbond
- Color: Blue
- Material: Plastic, steel
- Pieces: 36
- Comes in six other sizes for every hair length/desired curl size
- Works on both damp and dry hair
- Creates heatless curls that won’t damage your hair
- Rattail comb is included for easy sectioning
- Doesn’t come with varying rod sizes
- Some users report they aren’t very comfortable sleeping in
3. Cekeme 40pcs Hair Curler for Long Hair – Best Splurge
These high-quality hair curlers deliver beautiful, classic curls without requiring you to step foot near a salon or styling tool. They’re comfortable enough to sleep in but work equally as well to wear when you’re lounging around or doing housework. One user raved “If you’re on the fence, trust me… get them! They were very easy to apply and get off.”
- Brand: Cekeme
- Color: Orange, pink
- Material: Plastic
- Size: 22”
- Pieces: 40
- Creates long-lasting curls that don’t fall out throughout the day
- Designed with ultra-soft plastic for maximum comfort
- Very durable unlike many hair curlers on the market
- Simply use the hook to easily pull your hair through the curler
- Comes with a cute storage bag
- Higher price point
- Using too much hair in one curler can cause snagging
4. Remington H5600H Ionic Conditioning Hair Setter – Best Hot Rollers
These ionic velvet conditioning curlers use heated wax to create stunning frizz-free curls that are noticeably shinier. The innovative ceramic technology distributes heat evenly for maximum volume with minimum damage to your tresses.
- Brand: Remington
- Color: Purple, pink, white
- Material: Foam, metal
- Size:¾ inch, 1”, 1¼ inch
- Pieces: 20
- Rollers come in three sizes to customize your curls to your liking
- Crease-free clips are included to hold the curlers in place
- Light lets you know when it’s reached the perfect styling temperature
- Ends are cool to the touch to minimize the chance of burning yourself
- Covered under a two-year warranty
- You always run the risk of damage when using heat on hair
- Some users with very thick hair reported there are not enough clips
5. Diane Magnetic Hair Rollers – Best Heatless Rollers
Are you into loose waves, classy curls, or adorable ringlets? These heatless hair curlers come in a wide variety of sizes, making them a great pick whether you have short or long hair. Not only that, but they deliver salon-worthy results at a steal of a price!
- Brand: Diane
- Color: Grey
- Material: Plastic
- Size: 2”
- Pieces: 12
- Static electricity helps to hold the hair in place
- Comes in a wide variety of roller sizes for different looks
- Very durable material, which company says to be unbreakable
- Delivers a gorgeous, heat-free blowout look
- Doesn’t come with pins or clips
- They are not magnetic despite the name
6. Annie Jumbo Cold Wave Rods – Best for Long Hair/Jumbo Curls
These jumbo cold wave rods are perfect for ladies who love long hair and loose curls. It’s never been easier to achieve such stunning, voluminous waves. Simply wrap the hair around the rod, secure it with a rubber band, and let your curls develop.
- Brand: Annie
- Color: Brown
- Material: Styrofoam
- Size: 3 ¼”
- Pieces: 18
- Very easy to use
- 18 rods are sufficient for women with long, thick hair
- Comes with elastics to secure the hair in place
- Rods are ventilated for even curls
- Effectively smooths away frizz while giving you large waves
- You may need a couple of extra pins or elastics for very silky hair
- Not very comfortable to sleep in
7. Aimin Hair Overnight Hair Rollers – Best for Overnight Curls
If you want to make your styling routine so much easier, do yourself a favor and get these overnight hair curlers. Simply twist your hair around the rollers, go to sleep, and wake up to gorgeous corkscrew curls or a natural blowout look. The choice is yours!
- Brand: Aimin
- Color: Pink
- Material: Nylon, sponge
- Pieces: 30
- Works well on wet and dry hair
- Made of soft material for comfortable, overnight wear
- You can shape them to create loose waves or tight curls
- Preserves the life of your curls for days
- Comes with a zipper bag for travel
- Some users report the material is a bit slippery on very clean, silky hair
- Doesn’t work as well on very short hair
8. Wrap Snap and Go Comfort Curlers – Best for Effortless Curls
Forget about pins, elastics, and hair clips, and try out these flexible Wrap Snap and Go curlers. The soft sponge material is gentle enough to sleep in and delivers bouncy waves every time. Plus, they’re as easy to use as they sound.
- Brand: Wrap Snap and Go
- Color: Leopard, multicolor
- Material: Cloth, foam
- Size: 9”, 10”
- Pieces: 22
- Flexible curlers don’t require pins or clips to secure your hair
- Quick to use and equally as fast to remove
- Comes in two different sizes
- Comfortable to sleep in
- Great for both long and medium hair lengths
- Not as easy to use on very short hair
- Some users report they would like smaller rollers included
Here are some great hair curlers to finally get awesome results.
Trust us when we say that you have probably never seen a hair curler like this! Conair has stunned women everywhere with this innovative hair curler that also helps you to achieve amazing results.
It is extremely fun to use, despite its unusual design! There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the Curl Secret, but that’s nothing that five minutes of trial can’t fix! Once you follow the device’s instructions step by step, you won’t run into any mishaps and you’re sure to get the hang of things before you even know it. And even better, it gets easier every time you use it!
This hair curler comes equipped with different curl tightness settings for whatever look you’re going for. Tight curls, loose spirals, or gentle beachy waves – you’ve got it! Simple put a small section of hair in, Press the button and watch the magic at work as curls come out! With tourmaline and ceramic at play, your curls will be smooth and frizzles. Best of all, they’ll last.
- TITANIUM CURL BARREL CHAMBER for long-lasting beach curls. SAFETY SENSORS for tangle-free curls.
- STEAM FUNCTION: Hair is automatically drawn into the chamber, softly held, heated and steamed
- AUTOMATIC HAIR CURLER with 3 time settings, 3 temperature settings and curl direction control.
- INSTANT HEAT (max 30~60s) AUTO SHUT OFF after 60 min, rotating curling iron with 7 FEET SWIVEL CORD
As its name tells, the Irresistible Me hair curler creates lovely curls that are truly irresistible. You don’t need to be a skilled hairstylist to operate this steam curler, thankfully! It’s easy to use and makes your curling session shorter than ever. Your hair goes into the rotating titanium chamber and comes back out gently curled to perfection.
Within only 60 seconds, this hair curler emanates infrared heat to curl hair fast without damaging. As an added bonus, the steam seals moisture into your hair to help your curls look and feel better. They’ll avoid that dry, crispy look that you can often get after curling your hair with heat.
With a professional performance and supermodel results every single time, you’ll be glad you got your hands on this hair curling machine!
Drop that old curling iron and pick up this one of a kind hair curling tool! Conair’s Fashion Curl Hair Curler is one of our top picks and with good reason.
Creating beautiful curls is effortless with the help of this hair curler. There’s even a safety sensor equipped to ensure that you don’t tangle your hair by placing too much of it into the curling chamber at one time. The ceramic-tourmaline technology banishes frizz for good and won’t let your style be ruined by flyaway hairs! Shiny, bouncy curls with no damage every single time? You won’t want to put this hair curler down!
The EEEKit Hair Curler Kit has everything you need to create different types of curly hairstyles—no heat needed!
The set includes 36 pieces of hair curlers in 6 different eye-catching colors—blue, green , pink, orange, yellow, and purple. It also comes with 2 pieces styling hooks that you can use to easily apply the curlers to your hair.
Bonus point: You can choose from three different curler sizes—30 cm, 40cm, and 55cm– so you can find the right curler size that can suit your hair length, type, and thickness.
When compared to traditional curling irons and curling wands, the Diglot Hair Curler certainly gives them all a run for their money. Your hair will be silky and soft after use, with gorgeous curls that win you compliments from every direction. With a spray feature that imparts moisture and curls your hair at the same time, your hair’s health won’t ever suffer!
Its multiple curl settings give you room for versatility – you won’t always want the same curl look every time, so don’t be afraid to mix it up every now and then! This hair curler directs heat along the hair shaft evenly and gently, meaning that your hair won’t burn or become damaged! We all care so much about the health of our hair, so a hair curler that cares too is always a good sign.
The LED display screen and beep alarm system make things go smoothly, ensuring that your hair curling experience is quick and flawless with equally flawless results.
This fully automatic curl machine is from Babyliss, one of the biggest names in the hot tool industry. Thanks to them, the Miracurl is here to bless women everywhere with fantastic curls. The brushless motor provides optimal curling power for any hair type, whether straight, wavy, curly, or kinky. You’re never limited to this hair curler.
Hair is pulled into the titanium chamber gently and without tangling, then heated and held for a few seconds to ensure that the curl sets and are locked into place. This hair curler also offers various heat, curl, and time settings, giving you the opportunity to try a variety of curl types: soft waves, natural-looking curls, defined curls, or bouncy ringlets.
With heat settings up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, even the thickest of hair strands are no match for the Babyliss Miracurl Curl Machine.
Remington is the brand you can trust. It’s one of the best hair curlers that not only has a unique and sleek design but gives you smooth and frizz-free waves. The conical barrel makes it easier for you to hold it and use it. Infused with the ceramic coating and crushed purls, the curling wand delivers shiny waves with absolutely no damage.
Crushed pearl is an amazing skin-care ingredient that does wonder to your hair since it’s rich in amino acids responsible for promoting hair growth.
With different temperature settings, you can choose the temperature that is suitable for your hair texture and create the style you want! If you’re in a rush to get the dreamy waves, look no further than this product. It heats up rapidly and saves a lot of your time.
A must-have hair curler that makes hair curling easier than before. It’s an automatic curl machine that pulls your hair strands gently and curls it.
Powered by CHI ceramic technology, the negative ions are energized to give shine to your hair and make them look healthy. Designed for all types of hair textures, you don’t have to worry about your hair getting tangled at all. The curler has a digital display that shows the temperature of the curler and options to set the desired temperature.
For newbies, ditch your conventional style curler and opt for this magical curler that does magic in just three steps: Spin, curl and repeat.
A minimalistic automatic curler machine that is bound to amaze you with its offering. From beachy waves to curly ringlets, achieve the hairdo of your dreams without seeking a professional hairstylist. All you’ve to do is insert the section of your hair and let the curler do its job.
With just a button click, the curler pulls your hair and transform them into gorgeous locks. It has a prong that glides through your hair as it curls to remove any tangles along the way. The ceramic technology protects your hair from damage and makes sure that you get shiny and long-lasting curls. Get instant and tangle-free curls with this machine!
Step up your hair game with this heavy-duty curly-iron that comes in gorgeous rose-gold colour. The double ceramic coating delivers frizz-free curls without causing any damage to your natural hair. With 30 high heat settings up to 400 degrees, you can create versatile hairstyles for every hair texture.
The heat shield feature protects your hands from your hands which is a cherry on top. Your curls are guaranteed to last for 18 hours, even in humid temperatures. The tip of the curler is very easy to handle and use.
One of the best curlers having a striking golden surface to evenly distribute heat from root to tip of your hair to give you defined curls. From tousled waves to tight curls, you can create all kinds of curls with this beauty. Best suited for longer hair as the extra-long barrel can hold long sections of your hair and speedily transform your hair into curls.
It supports a temperature up to 430 Fahrenheit and remains hot during your styling session. It can easily curl thick and long hair and reduces the time of styling. All-in-all, this hair wand will give you sleek and shiny hair.
Buyer’s Guide – How Long to Use Hair Curlers
Heatless Hair Curlers
One of the most commonly asked questions regarding the use of hair curlers is how long it takes the curls to develop. Fortunately, the answer is generally the same for every heatless product. If your hair is damp or wet when you use them, you can take the curlers out as soon as it’s dry.
If you’re using curling rods or rollers on dry hair, then be sure to let the curls develop for at least a couple of hours. If you’re using them overnight, then even better.
Most hot rollers and products using heat will specify how long you should leave them in your hair to achieve the perfect curls. Either that or they will come with a preset heat setting so they’ll turn off at the desired temperature.
This is a necessary feature since it helps prevent you from leaving them in too long and burning your hair. The Remington H5600H that we raved about in this review has a light that goes off to let you know when your hair has reached the perfect temperature.
Types of Hair Curlers
Any of the below hair curlers will help you get that stunning curly hairstyle you’ve been coveting. Bonus: they’re all easy on the wallet!
Hot rollers are often used by professional hairstylists, mostly because they’re a quick tried-and-true method. They come in different sizes to create small to large curls and are available for purchase at any beauty salon or online store; you can expect to pay as little as $15 or as much as $100 depending on the brand.
Your hot rollers will come with something called a hair setter, a box-like container that you both store and heat up your rollers in. The rollers only take about 15 minutes to heat up. Before applying the hot rollers, brush out your hair so it’s free of tangles, then section it according to where you want your curls or waves.
Take the hot roller and, starting from the bottom of the hair, wind toward the scalp. Secure in place with a hairpin. In no time you’ll have gorgeous bouncy curls or soft waves.
A 42-pack of flexi-rods can be purchased for just $14. Not only are they colorful, but they’re also easy to use and come in all shapes and sizes. They look like miniature pool noodles but for your hair! In short, they are small, long cushioned rods that are flexible for shaping curls just how you want them.
They’re ideal for bouncy, ringlet-like curls. While you can use flexi-rods on dry hair, for coiled curls you will have better luck using them on wet hair that has been combed. After separating hair into small sections, wrap one flexi-rod around one section of hair at a time up toward the scalp. Secure in place with a hairpin.
For date night, curl hair in the morning and unwind in the evening. You can also sleep with them and unwind in the morning.
Do you consider yourself not very hand-eye coordinated? Magnetic rollers are for you. At less than $20, magnetic rollers also come in many sizes so you can get waves, retro curls, and even air bangs. They’re round plastic cylinders with holes for ventilation.
Wet hair sticks to the rollers easily for quick application. When hair is damp (or after you’ve wetted down dry hair), part hair into small sections. This is when you’ll apply whatever hairstyling product you want (mousse, leave-in conditioner, curling gel, etc.).
Unfortunately, you will have to wait for hair to dry before removing the rollers, which could be awhile. If you have a hooded dryer, you’ll want to use that. The other option is air drying. When the rollers are warmed, let cool a bit and then unwrap.
Brush Hair Rollers
These will probably look familiar to you because many of us have a grandmother who uses brush hair rollers. Although they are affordable at less than $20, you can only sleep with brush hair rollers in if the brush part is removed and this is a feature not all brush hair rollers have.
The best way to use them is in the morning before work or heading out for the day. After separating hair in small sections, roll the curlers in from tips to the scalp. A tightly wound will result in tighter curls and vice-versa.
Brush hair rollers can be used on wet and dry hair but damp hair works best. After the hair rollers are in, mist with hairspray and blow dry or air dry.
When taking a break from hot tools, foam rollers are a good option for getting curls. They look like sponges and might not look like much, but you’ll be using them again and again when you see the results you can achieve. When hair is damp, roll it in small sections from the end of the hair to the scalp, using a clip to pin in place.
Wear overnight and unravel in the morning. To put touch-ups on curls, you can use mousse or any other favorite hair product of yours. Foam rollers come in many colors and are budget-friendly; you can purchase a 48-pack for less than $10!
Benefits of Using Hair Curlers
Aside from the fact that you’re not putting a hot tool on your locks, there are other advantages to using hair curlers.
- Heat is evenly distributed – this is something that you can’t always guarantee for curling irons. With hair curlers, the sections of hair are small enough and all styled the same way so you know the heat will result in even and stylish results.
- Easy to use – not all women consider themselves hair tool savvy or might even be nervous around hot tools. Hair curlers are great for women and young girls just starting out on learning how to style their hair.
- Availability of different styles – instead of perfecting the art of getting different curl shapes from a curling iron, you can use hair curlers to get customizable curls in a flash.
- Steam may help in some cases
- Hair Curlers may come with interchangeable chamber so you get defined waves or beach waves
- You can set the timer to hold your hair in the chamber
The Pros and Cons of Using a Hair Curler :
- It’s automated with a timer
- Create consistent curls
- Because of chamber design, it’s safe
- It’s a bit heavy (like holding a hammer I guess)
- You can get the curl to the root
Hair curlers – an amazing piece of technology that will totally revolutionize the way that you curl your hair and the results that you get. Ready to give it a try? You won’t be sorry!