If you have short hair, you may find that using conventional flat irons to style your hair is not the greatest idea. These flat irons are a bit thicker and may not help you achieve the hairstyle that you want.
But don’t despair. We have the perfect solution for you— 1/2 inch flat irons! These flat irons have the ideal barrel size for styling short hair!
However, finding a good half-inch flat iron isn’t easy. This is because only a few options in the market and their technology and features are quite limited.
Luckily for you, we’ve already compiled some of the best 1/2 inch flat irons that you can find in the market.
If you’re in a hurry, take a quick look.
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron
|MHD Professional 0.5 inch Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
|Best Budget Iron
|Bed Head Pixie 1/2" Straightener
|KISS Titanium Flat Iron
|FHI Heat Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
|#1 Editor's Choice
Our Favorite 1/2 Inch Flat Irons
Here are 5 of the best half inch flat irons for you to consider.
1. FHI Heat Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron – Our Top Pick
If you’re looking for a styling tool that can do it all, look no further as the FHI Heat Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron is here!
With the flat iron’s unique barrel shape, you can use it to create almost all hairstyles—curly, wavy, sleek, and straight!
It features three layers of baked ceramic plates with tourmaline, so you’re sure that your hair is in good hands!
- The flat iron’s beveled plates can produce a wide range of hairstyles.
- The tourmaline technology produces negative ions that lock in moisture in the hair and repel humidity and frizz.
- This tool is known for its durability.
- You can choose from a temperature range between 140F to 450F so you can select the right temperature for your hair thickness.
- The flat iron pulls the hair.
- Some find this to be a bit bulky.
BaBylissPRo tools are known for having advanced technology. Albeit little, the BaBylissPRo BABNT3053N is not an exception! It’s equipped with Nano Titanium Technology, which evenly distributes heat and produces negative ions that keep hair shiny and smooth,
- In addition to being narrow, this flat iron is only 6 inches in length, so it’s highly portable!
- The flat iron is dual voltage, so it’s genuinely perfect for traveling!
- It’s lightweight too!
- The ceramic-coated heater delivers instant and even heat of up to 440F with minimal damage.
- For a mini flat iron, it’s expensive.
- Because of the heaters’ gap, the flat iron may not be effective in styling fine hair.
The MHD Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron is developed for effortless styling. It has a ceramic tourmaline plate which glides through the hair as smooth as possible.
This helps you enjoy a hassle- and tangle-free styling process. But more than that, it leaves you with smooth and shiny hair with less frizz.
- It can reach high temperatures of up to 365 F.
- Equipped with the Professional PTC Technology, this flat iron heats up in just 60 seconds.
- The on/off button of the flat iron is positioned strategically to avoid accidents.
- This flat iron is mini size but not small enough to be considered travel size.
- The barrels pinch the hand.
Fast heat up—this is what the Bed Head Pixie Flat Iron promises to give you! This flat iron can actually heat up to 450 F in just 30 minutes! It also has a Tourmaline Ceramic Technology that fights off frizz and boosts hair shine.
- It has a tangle-free swivel cord for easy operation.
- This lightweight flat iron has a dual voltage design and is perfect for traveling.
- The flat iron has an eye-catching pink and blue color combination.
- The metallic paint chips off after a few months.
- The barrels don’t come in contact with one another, so it’s not suitable for fine hair.
The KISS Titanium Flat Iron is quite versatile as it can work well on both short to medium length hair. It has variable temperature settings that can reach up to 450 F.
But don’t worry about burning your hair since the tool’s Titanium Technology will protect your hair from heat and help maintain its shine.
- The flat iron features a tangle-free cord for hassle-free styling.
- It has an ergonomically designed handle for minimal to no hand fatigue.
- The tool has non-stick chemical-resistant plates, so you can use it to apply keratin treatment.
- You can adjust the temperature to suit thin or coarse hair.
- This is not suitable for curling hair.
- It doesn’t clamp good enough on fine hair.
The truth is it’s hard to choose from these 1/2 inch flat irons as they have almost the same features and technology.
As a tie-breaker, we have decided to include versatility as a factor in choosing the best one. That’s why we ended up with the FHI Heat Platform Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron because its beveled edges allow it to create different hairstyles.