With their unique fur and elegant appearance, poodles are often regarded as one of the most feminine and posh dogs with elegant hair. If you own one, you know very well that this reputation is not easy to maintain. This is most especially true with the condition of their hair.
Because the poodle’s hair tends to get thicker instead of longer and grows curly rather than straight, a poodle requires regular brushing and trimming. If you want to prevent your furry little one from looking like a puffball, you should invest in a good brush designed for poodle hair.
|Image||Title||Editor's Rank||See Price|
|Top||Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush||Runner-Up||See Price|
|Top||Hartz Groomer’s Best Grooming Brush||Best Overall||See Price|
|Top||Glendan Slicker Pet Grooming Brush||Best Shedding Brush||See Price|
|Top||Andis Premium Pet Grooming Pin Brush||Best Pin Brush||See Price|
|Top||Li'l Pals Dog Slicker Brush with Coated Pins||Best Budget Brush||See Price|
|Top||RUBOLD Dematting Tool for Dogs||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top||Poodle Pet Dematting Fur Rake Comb Brush||Best Dematting Brush||See Price|
|Top||Paw Brothers Slicker Brush||Best Large Brush||See Price|
|Top||GoPets Slicker Brush for Dogs and Cats||Best Multi-functional Brush||See Price|
|Top||Miracle Coat Slicker Dog Brush||Best Flexible Pin Brush||See Price|
How to Pick The Right Poodle Hair Brush?
To take good care of your poodle, you need two types of brushes: a long-toothed comb is recommended for getting rid of tangles while a slicker brush will help for keeping the fur in different parts of her in check.
When choosing these brushes, you have to keep in mind some considerations. Here they are:
- Since the brush will be used on thick, coarse, and curly hair, it must be durable enough so it won’t break when it gets tangled in your poodle’s coat.
- You would need a large brush so that it can go through your dog’s thick mat of hair.
- Choose a brush with a grip so you can comfortably hold it while you groom your dog.
- If possible, go for a double-sided brush so you don’t have to invest in two different brushes.
Top 10 Brushes for Poodle Hair
Let’s take a look at our pick of the best poodle hair grooming brushes you can buy in 2021!
If you’re looking for an everyday bush for your furry friend, the Hertzko Slicker Brush is one option that you should consider. Designed to help you get rid of mats without hurting your dog, it features fine bent wires which can deeply penetrate your dog’s thick coat without damaging his skin!
- Removing the fur from the brush is easy since you can retract the bristles back in the brush, leaving the fur behind.
- The brush comes with an anti-slip handle and comfortable grip for your convenience.
- The bristles come with tips to make the grooming experience pain-free for your poodle.
- The brush head is a bit small and may not be suitable for large poodles.
- Retracting the brushes is challenging.
The Hartz Groomer’s Slicker Brush is an all-around poodle brush that can help you de-shed, detangle, and groom your furry pal! With its extra-fine bristles, you can use this brush to remove loose hair from your dog’s undercoat. The soft pins on the bristles prevent the brush from scratching into your dog’s skin.
- This is one of the few brushes that can be used to remove dead hair.
- The brush is gentle enough to be used as an everyday brush.
- Its handle is ergonomically designed for your comfort.
- The bristles are a bit stiff.
- Since it’s a small brush, it can only work on removing small mats from your dog’s hair.
Now, here’s a slicker brush that is big enough for grooming large poodles. The Glendan Slicker Pet Grooming Brush is a must-have because of its 360-degree rotating brush head that allows you to brush hard-to-reach areas. With its ability to rotate, you don’t have to move around too much or break your wrist just to achieve the angle needed to brush your poodle’s hair.
- The handle has an anti-slip and comfort grip design to minimize wrist strain.
- It’s available in two eye-catching colors– turquoise and baby pink.
- The brush comes with a ventilation hole to allow the bristles to bend and contour to your dog’s body.
- This can’t be used to collect loose hair.
- The bristles don’t come with tips, so it’s not recommended that you brush your poodle too hard.
Yes, the Andis Premium Pet Grooming Pin Brush seems like a regular brush for people, but it has impressive features that make it suitable for a poodle. For one, the pinhead bristles offer the greatest comfort to your dog during grooming. Also, its long bristles are great in brushing long poodle hair.
- It can stimulate the hair follicle and distribute natural oils on your dog’s coat with its classic bristles.
- The curved and cushioned paddle is more forgiving and gentle on your dog’s skin.
- The contoured handle can minimize hand fatigue.
- With its classic bristles, it may not work well on heavy mats and tangles.
- It’s also not recommended for dogs with thick hair.
Featuring flexible bristles with coated tips, the Li’l Pals Dog Slicker Brush will undoubtedly be your dog’s best grooming buddy! The large handles promote a better and more comfortable grip so you won’t get tired grooming your little one!
- The flexible pins will go in the direction of your dog’s hair growth so he’ll feel comfortable during the grooming session.
- The brush features an eye-catching green and violet color combination.
- The brush is easy to handle and can be used to remove tangles, matting, and loose hair.
- It’s recommended only for grooming small dogs.
- The brush’s head is a bit small.
Claiming to be an all-in-one tool, the RUBOLD Dematting tool brush promises to detangle, de-shed, and brush your dog all at the same time. It features 26 precision teeth that deliver precise yet gentle grooming for your dog. The 9 sharp teeth are designed to get rid of mats and tangles while the 17 teeth on the undercoat rake side are for de-shedding and thinning.
- It features a no-scratch and no-pain stainless steel teeth with rounded ends.
- With its design, the teeth quickly and smoothly glide through your dog’s hair.
- It’s recommended for dogs with sensitive skin.
- When not used properly, this can break easily.
- This is not recommended for dogs with short coats.
At first look, the Poodle Pet Fur Rake’s teeth seem scary and painful to your dog. For your information, these extra-long 2.5 inches stainless steel dematting blades effectively reach deep into thick fur and remove unwanted tangles and knots. These rust-proof blades combined with the brush’s top-grade rubber handle make this one durable brush.
- The heavy-duty rubber handle has a ridged and wavy texture for a better grip.
- The brush is safe to be used on both wet and dry hair,
- The rakes efficiently chop off matted hair.
- With its extra-long bristles, this won’t work well on small dogs.
- When it isn’t used right, the blades cut through dog’s hair even if it isn’t matted.
The design of the Paw Brothers Slicker Brush may have a basic design, but it’s one of the most effective slicker brush you can use on your poodle. The wide paddle allows you to cover more ground for faster grooming. With its extra-long pins, you can certainly reach deep into your dog’s fur, leaving behind no mats or tangles.
- Its straightforward design makes it easy to use.
- The collected fur won’t get caught up in poddle’s rounded edges.
- This is recommended for medium to large dogs with thick hair.
- The bristles are not angled correctly.
- The bristles don’t come with tips and may cause pain to your dog.
Having 672 bristles almost 4-inches across, the GoPets Slicker Brush is designed to get through even the thickest of double coats. But despite its bristle length, it won’t cause any pain or skin irritation because the fine bent bristles are soft and go in the direction of your dog’s fur.
- The brush features a non-toxic silicone gel handle that’s comfortable to hold.
- Its pins can be retracted for safe storage and easy cleaning.
- The brush has an easily accessible self-clean button.
- It shouldn’t be used on dogs with short fur,
- The gel handle gives off a bad smell initially.
If your poodle’s coat sheds nonstop, the Miracle Coat Slicker is here to save you! This affordable dog brush comes with angled, flexible pins that can reach the undercoat of thickly coated poodles. The angle of the pins also allows it to collect loose hair and solve your shedding concerns!
- It comes in two sizes– small and large– making it suitable for poodles of all sizes.
- You can also use this brush to finish your dog’s coat.
- The cushioned handle and ergonomic grip minimize hand and wrist strains.
- It’s not recommended to be used for everyday brushing.
- Removing the collected fur from the bristles can be challenging.
As you may have noticed, there are plenty of poodle brushes that you can choose from. Since each brush serves a unique function, it can be challenging to determine which one you should use on your dog.
The best thing you can do is go for a multitasking brush. That’s why our pick for the best poodle hair brush is no other than the RUBOLD Dematting Tool for Dogs since it can be used to detangle, de-shed, and thin your dog’s hair.