A good flat iron is a beauty essential for almost any hair type. If you have naturally curly hair, good flat irons from brands like CHI can give you smooth out your tresses and give a sleeker, straighter look to your locks. Even if you have straight hair, there is a good chance that your fly-aways can always be tamed with a few quick passes of a flat iron.
CHI flat irons are a fan-favorite brand in beauty circles. They are well-known for quality products, good warranty coverage, brand-name recognition, and a solid line up of flat irons. Let’s dive into our best CHI flat iron review.
|CHI Tourmaline Ceramic 3-in-1 Styling Iron||See Price|
|CHI Original Flat Hair Straightening Iron||See Price|
|CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium Straightening Hairstyling Iron||See Price|
|CHI Smart Gemz Blue Ombre Digital Hairstyling Iron||See Price|
|CHI Onyx Euroshine Hairstyling Iron||See Price|
Best CHI Flat Irons
CHI offers a range of products under their brand name. While you can expect similar quality and performance from all of their products, some key differences might make one model a better choice for certain hair types. Let’s look at our top five in this best CHI flat iron review and see how they compare.
For versatility, the 3-in-1 styling iron takes the cake. With a single tool, you can straighten, curl, or wave your hair with heat technology that sets curls and reduces static electricity to keep your hair in place all day long.
- ¾ inch longer shaft than other flat irons
- Silicone strips to keep hair from pulling
- Automatic safety shut off
- Dual voltage
- Adjustable heat settings
- Dual plate feature for tighter curls is difficult to use safely.
- Requires more passes for straightening that the original CHI flat iron.
CHI’s OG model is still one of its top-selling products. It seems like they got everything right with this basic flat iron, and while you can buy multi-use tools to get more bang for your buck, many consumers still return to this classic CHI hair straightener.
- Heats to full temperature in less than 30 seconds.
- Full heat straightens easily in a single pass.
- Reduces frizz and static electricity while boosting shine.
- Fixed heat temperature is not adjustable.
- Basic design is prone to hair pulling.
Think of the same time-honored performance as the original CHI hair straightener with better, smoother plates, an ergonomic design, and intuitive presets. The all-digital display features color-coded temperature settings for easy visual reference.
The combination of ceramic and titanium in the plates offers improved durability with a smooth, snag-free styling experience. And, like all CHI irons, it features the shine-boosting, frizz-eliminating positive ion technology.
- Wider 1.25” plates
- Fast heating settings reach maximum temperatures in under 40 seconds.
- Easy to use with preset temperature modes.
- Combined ceramic and titanium plate construction.
- CHI proprietary heating technology using positive ions and infrared heat to make hair shine and reduce frizz.
- Iron is heavier than some other models and feels bulky when styling.
- Plates leave a small gap when closed; for some hair types, this might take more time to straighten and style your hair.
This CHI flat iron combines the latest in smooth gliding, heat-conducting styling technology with a dual-surface design for straightening, curling, and flipping.
This iron features a convex curve on one side that volumizes hair from the roots and a concave curve on the other side that curls or flips hair at the ends. This model also comes in an attractive blue ombre design to liven up your everyday styling routine.
- Quickly heats to maximum temperatures in less than 30 seconds.
- Zirconium-infused titanium plates are durable and conduct heat well for single-pass straightening.
- Easy to read digital display.
- Fully adjustable temperature controls for all hair types.
- No automatic off safety feature.
- Dual-sided design has a little bit of a learning curve to use.
CHI irons are notably recognized for their patented positive ion technology that leaves hair smoother and shinier after styling. The Euroshine amplifies that technology by pairing the heat technology with special onyx-ceramic plates to double the number of positive ions transferred to the hair in styling.
- Shine-boosting positive ion heat technology with ion-boosting ceramic plates.
- Easy to read LED light indicator and digital temperature display.
- Adjustable temperature settings.
- Longer, 4-inch styling plates for more versatility in straightening, curling, and flipping.
- The plates leave a small gap when closed, making it more difficult to get a single pass to straighten.
- Despite marketing claims, some users do not notice any change in shine or frizz than other straighteners.
There are dozens of flat irons on the market that make claims of easily straightening the most difficult to tame locks in the least amount of time. CHI flat irons are among the top brands of flat irons and are routinely recommended by professional stylists.
They earn their brand-name recognition honestly by offering quality hair straightening products. Plus, CHI understands that your styling needs evolve. Their flat irons are versatile and can curl and flip hair as easily as straightening it.