Hot rollers are back in style. The iconic vintage curls are trending everywhere. Whether it’s your favorite celebrities or the girl next door, hot rollers are making a big comeback in the arsenal of hair tools.
All the thick-haired ladies out there understand the struggle it takes to get the perfect curl. Hot rollers can give you that long-lasting curl while also adding some extra “oomph” — something a curling iron or wand can’t do.
Finding a good hot roller for coarse hair can be difficult, especially with all the options on the market. Thankfully, we’ve done the work for you and made a list of the best hot rollers for thick hair.
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Roller Hairsetter||See Price|
|Caruso C97953 30 Molecular Steam Rollers||See Price|
|Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Ceramic Hot Rollers||See Price|
|Conair INFINITIPRO BY Ceramic Flocked Hot Roller||See Price|
Best Hot Rollers for Thick Hair
Here we’ve put together the 5 best hot rollers for thick hair.
If you’re looking to add volume to your hair with some natural-looking curls, this could be the set for you. The BaBylissPRO Nano set includes 20 velvety flocked rollers: 6 small (¾”) 6 medium (1″), & 8 large (1 ¼”) rollers.
The nano-titanium ceramic plates emit far-infrared heat to prevent frizz and keep your hair looking healthy and silky-smooth.
- 20 rollers
- 12 butterfly clips
- 12 color-coded metal clips
- Nano titanium ceramic core to each roller
- Easy to use
- Compact, making it useful for travel
- Takes longer to heat up
- Takes longer to curl hair
For long-lasting curls, this Caruso set gives off gentle steam that’ll keep your hair looking stylish for hours. The set includes 30 rollers ranging from small to large, so you can pick and choose depending on the curl you want to achieve. With this product, you’ll get soft, effortless waves.
- 30 foam rollers
- Dual voltage
- Comes with a bonus storage bag
- Designed for all hair types
- Great for travel
- Curls easily cover the whole head
- Reviews mention that it may not hold long-lasting curls
Say goodbye to uncontrollable frizz and damage with these Conair jumbo hot rollers. Designed with ceramic technology, these rollers make an excellent option for long, thick hair.
The 12 piece hairsetter includes 1 ¾” rollers for looser curls and 1 ½” rollers to create the perfect wave. They provide consistent heat for a natural, high-powered shine and voluminous look that lasts all day and night.
- 12 ceramic flocked hot rollers
- 12 super clips
- Easy to use — consistent heat transfer for curls
- Heats up in just under 85 seconds
- Very hot — make sure to use a heat protectant!
This set of 20 ceramic flocked hot rollers is great for all hair types. It comes with 12 different heat settings, so feel free to experiment with which setting works best for your hair, depending on its thickness.
It heats up in just under two minutes to transform your hair into big, bouncy curls. Made with ionic ports to reduce static and frizz, the rollers will leave your hair with a long-lasting luster.
- 20 ceramic flocked curlers in 3 sizes
- Includes bonus argan oil to ensure smooth, soft hair
- Retractable cord
- Adjustable temperature for different hair types
- Stows away easily; great for travel
- Not recommended for fine hair
- Clips have been reviewed as difficult to use
The Remington Jumbo Curl hot rollers are another great option for thick hair — especially those struggling with dry, frizzy hair. At the core of each roller is a thermal wax that helps condition the hair and create long-lasting waves.
It also contains ceramic ionic conditioning to provide consistent heat. The set includes four jumbo rollers and eight larger rollers, allowing you to mix and match to create a stylish, curly look.
- 12 velvet rollers
- High heat retention with thermal wax core
- Cool atouch Roller ends keep your fingertips from burning
- 60-second automatic off feature
- Great for all different lengths of hair
- Primarily for bigger curls — not tight curls
- Curl may only last a couple hours
- The amount of time you leave your hair in the curlers will affect the results
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look For When Buying A Hot Roller For Thick Hair
Hair texture, thickness, and length need to be taken into account when purchasing hot rollers.
When looking for the best hot rollers for thick hair, keep an eye out for rollers with ionic ports — technology that emits negative ions to reduce frizz and static.
Far-infrared heat is also something to look for; not only does it curl your hair at a much lower temperature, but it also reduces any potential hair loss or damage.
Ceramic rollers are also an excellent option for those with extra thick, coarse hair. It helps the hair stay smooth and silky while lowering the chances of damage that your hair would usually be prone to with a curling iron.
The biggest tip to keep in mind: never use hot rollers on wet hair — it could result in accidental burning of the scalp. Always apply a heat-protectant product before you begin using your hot rollers. And make sure you keep your hot rollers in long enough — or until they’ve cooled down.
Recommended for You: