Wavy and curly permed hair will surely make you feel beautiful. However, the perming process can become pretty tough on your hair.
If you want your curls to look your best and hair to stay as healthy as possible, you need to choose and use the right shampoo and conditioner. Unfortunately, this is not as easy as it sounds.
Below are some of the things you should remember when choosing the best shampoo and conditioner for permed hair.
- Avoid alkaline-based shampoos as these can weaken your hair and may promote hair fall. As much as possible, go for acid soap-based or amino acid-bases shampoos as these use a small amount of acid to keep your hair and scalp healthy.
- Choose non-silicone shampoos. Silicone indeed helps to make hair feel clean after washing. However, this substance protects your hair from the perm solution and can weigh your hair down. As a result, it will be harder for you to perm your hair if you use silicone shampoos.
- Go for conditioners that contain moisturizing ingredients like collagen, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and ceramides.
Now that we have that covered, let’s go to the exciting yet challenging part—looking for the best shampoo and conditioner for permed hair!
|L’Oreal Paris Elvive Total Repair Shampoo and Conditioner||See Price|
|Arvazallia Advanced Hair Repair Shampoo and Conditioner||See Price|
|SheaMoisture Jamaican Shampoo||See Price|
|WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo & Hair Conditioner||See Price|
|Design Essentials Express Moisturizing Conditioner||See Price|
|The Original Mane ‘n Tail Herbal Gro Shampoo and Conditioner||See Price|
|Puracy Natural Sulfate Free Shampoo||See Price|
|J·R·LIGGETT’S All-Natural Shampoo Bars||See Price|
Best Shampoos and Conditioners for Permed Hair
Here are the 10 best shampoos and conditioners for permed hair that we have compiled and reviewed in details for you.
1. Arvazallia Advanced Hair Repair Shampoo and Conditioner – Our Top Pick
The Arvazallia Advanced Shampoo and Conditioner is marketed as a professional sulfate-free hair product formulated to restore, strengthen, and hydrate the hair.
It’s infused with Moroccan Oil and Macadamia Oil, which contains nutrients that are good for the hair.
The kit also comes with a hair mask and deep conditioner formulated to hydrate and define the curls of permed hair deeply.
- Both the shampoo and conditioner are safe for keratin and color-treated hair.
- This is also suitable for natural and curly hair.
- The kit comes with an additional hair product—hair mask and deep conditioner.
- It doesn’t contain sulfates.
- You need to use a lot of the product to clean your hair.
- Hair products contain too much fragrance.
- The kit comes with plenty of packaging, which is not eco-friendly.
The L’Oreal Paris Shampoo and Conditioner is specially formulated for hair that has been damaged by the perming process. It claims to fight the five signs of hair damage—roughness, dullness, weakness, split ends, and dehydration.
The shampoo and conditioner combination aims to revive your hair in 1 wash by infusing proteins and ceramides to the permed hair.
- The ceramide content seals in moisture and nourishment into the hair.
- It also has proteins that rebuild hair fibers to promote silky, shiny, and healthy hair.
- The formula has clinically tested results.
- You just need to leave the conditioner on your hair for 1 to 3 minutes.
- It contains parabens.
- The shampoo may also weigh down the hair.
The SheaMoisture Jamaican Shampoo is a Restoring and Strengthening shampoo formulated for chemically processed hair.
It has Jamaican Black Castor Oil to strengthen chemically processed and damaged hair to promote natural growth. Its Shea Butter content hydrates and moisturizes hair.
- It also has Peppermint Oil that gives off a tingling feeling and invigorates the scalp.
- The shampoo contains Fair Trade Shea Butter.
- It contains certified organic ingredients.
- Castor Oil is packed with minerals, vitamin E, and proteins for healthy hair.
- It leaves hair feeling oily.
- The products also have an unpleasant scent.
The Wow Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Conditioner are here to breathe life to damaged, thin, and weak permed hair. The shampoo contains apple cider vinegar, which can detoxify your stressed locks.
On the other hand, the conditioner is formulated with avocado oil and virgin coconut oil, which can deeply condition damaged hair.
- The apple cider vinegar removes toxic buildup caused by styling products, dirt, and dust.
- It also has saw palmetto, which slows down hair loss.
- The formulation is hypoallergenic and all-natural.
- This can also be used to address dry and dull hair and itchy scalp.
- It’s a bit hard to distribute the products in the hair.
- The conditioner leaves a sticky residue on the hair.
The Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditioner may not have a partner shampoo, but it does a great job taking care of permed hair.
This is because this product can deliver intense moisture, thanks to its blend of botanical moisturizers and emollients. It’s also infused with almond butter, which detangles and softens the hair.
- This is perfect for all types of hair.
- The formulation is sulfate-free.
- This is a gentle, non-stripping conditioner.
- The jar contains a small amount of the product.
- It gives off a chemical smell.
We know the Mane n Tail Brand for its ability to boost hair growth. What you don’t know is it comes in different variants for various uses.
The Original Mane ‘n Tail Herbal Gro Shampoo is formulated to nourish and strengthen the hair and reduce breakage.
- It has micro-enriched protein formula that can strengthen hair and prevent split ends, hair frizz, and breakage.
- This is safe for permed, relaxed, and other chemically treated hair.
- It leaves hair shiny and silky.
- The products contain silicones and sulfates.
- Some people complained about having coarse hair after using this.
Puracy is known for its continuous product innovation. That’s why the Puracy Natural Sulfate-free Shampoo is a new 3rd Generation Formula that delivers more foam and can make hair stronger and healthier. It also offers greater protection and moisturizing effects on the scalp.
- It doesn’t contain harsh chemicals.
- This is certified cruelty-free.
- The product contains coconut-based cleaners along with beet sugar extract that can nourish and condition the hair.
- It has a refreshing scent of citrus and mint with a hint of eucalyptus and peppermint.
- This is not recommended for people with a nut allergy.
- The products are not recommended for people with a sensitive scalp.
The Hask Coconut Milk and Honey Shampoo and Conditioner are here to give your curls the definition it needs! It comes with coconut milk, which deeply hydrates the hair. On the other hand, its honey content nourishes and removes unwanted hair buildup.
- The hair products don’t contain parabens, sulfates, gluten, phthalates, and drying alcohol.
- The coconut milk was harvested from the Caribbean.
- Its honey content came from the USA.
- This will help you achieve long-lasting and frizz-free curls.
- The shampoo may cause itchy scalp.
- The packaging leaks.
- You will receive a Pack of (2) Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner Dual Pack, 1.73 Pound
- Pantene daily moisture renewal shampoo and conditioner: helps lock in hydration from root to tip as part of the daily moisture renewal system
- Pantene daily moisture renewal shampoo and conditioner
- Also try the rest of the daily moisture renewal collection to kick dryness to the curb
If your permed hair is feeling a bit dry, the Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner.
This gentle shampoo contains a potent blend of antioxidants and Pro-V nutrients, which protects and repairs the hair. This also renews the hair by deeply nourishing and hydrating the hair.
- This gives off a natural-rich lather, which will give you that clean feeling.
- The shampoo has a scent that combines the smell of wild berries, creamy vanilla, and fresh florals.
- This is recommended for dull and dry permed hair.
- It has a fragrance that can be damaging to the hair.
- The alcohol content may also cause hair dryness.
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly shampoo alternative, the J R Liggett’s all-natural shampoo bars are some of the best options that you have.
These bars contain a blend of coconut, castor, and olive oil, which delivers antioxidants and vitamins to the permed hair. The gentle and safe formulation of the bars is also suitable for people with sensitivities and allergies.
- The shampoo bars are vegan-friendly too.
- It doesn’t strip the hair’s natural oils.
- This all-natural formula doesn’t contain detergents, chemicals, and synthetic ingredients.
- It gives off a mild and clean scent.
- The shampoo is a bit drying to the hair.
- This is not recommended for fine hair.
For us, the best shampoo and conditioner for permed hair is no other than the Arvazallia Advanced Hair Repair Shampoo and Conditioner because of its sulfate-free formulation and nourishing and hydrating Moroccan and Macadamia Oil content. The hair mask is also a great bonus!
Recommended for You