You love everything about your cat —their warmth, their appearance, and their sounds. However, there’s one exception— the way they shed!
If your cat has a shedding problem, you’ll indeed find his hair everywhere. Aside from the fact that it can make cleaning your home more difficult, cat hair can be a big problem if you have a family member prone to allergies.
Lucky for you, there’s a thing we call the cat shedding brush. However, finding the best cat brush for shedding short hair can be challenging. The key is to find one with small bristles or nubs made of rubber, preferably. If possible, choose grooming gloves with brush-like equipment attached to it for easy operation.
If you’re in a hurry, here’s our list of the best shedding brushes useful to groom your short-haired cats.
|Top||CeleMoon Ultra-Soft Silicone Washable Cat Grooming Shedding Brush||See Price|
|Groomer's Best Small Slicker Brush||See Price|
|petgle Shedding Undercoat Grooming Brush||See Price|
|FURminator Short Hair deShedding Tool for Cats||See Price|
|Delomo Pet Grooming and Deshedding Brush Gloves||See Price|
Best Cat Brushes for Shedding Short Hair
Below are some of the best cat brushes for shedding short hair that you can find in the market.
1. CELEMOON Ultra-Soft Silicone Washable Cat Grooming Brush – Our Top Pick
The CELEMOON Ultra-soft silicone washable cat grooming brush is probably the gentlest grooming brush you’ll ever use. Made from premium and ultra-soft silicone material, and this brush is gentle to your cat’s skin and body. Its design will allow you to use the brush the same way you use gloves, minus the sticky or sweaty hands!
- Since the brush is washable, it’s easy to clean.
- The brush comes with a non-slip hand grip.
- You can get more hair if you spray water on the bristles before using it.
- The grip fits most hands perfectly.
- The bristles will never scratch your cat’s skin.
- The deshedding process is a bit messy.
- The brush is not suitable for people with big hands.
The Hartz Groomer Slicker Brush will not just remove loose hair but will leave your cat’s coat shiny as well! It features stainless steel bristles that can evenly distribute natural oils on your cat’s fur. The bristles come with safety tips so your cat’s skin won’t get scratched.
- It comes in an eye-catching purple and black combination.
- The ergonomically designed handle gives you maximum control.
- The extra-fine bristles will catch lots of loose hair.
- Even though the bristles come with safety tips, they are still sharp and painful to the cat’s skin.
- The safety tips fall off easily.
The petgle Shedding Undercoat is marketed as a grooming brush that can reduce shedding by 95%. The brush features 2.5-inch bristles made of a 304 stainless blade, which easily captures dead and loose undercoat in cats.
- The handles are made using PP and TPE, which are eco-friendly materials.
- The handle materials are a better alternative to silicone because these repel pet hair, so you don’t have to worry about the collected hair getting stuck in it.
- It has a 4-inch counterpart, which is recommended for medium- to long-haired animals.
- A 3-year warranty backs the product.
- Some pet owners find the bristles to be a bit painful to their cats.
- The bristles don’t catch loose hair easily.
- The deshedding process takes too much time.
The Furminator Shorthair de-shedding brush has an outrageous claim—to reduce shedding by 90%. It does so with the use of its stainless steel bristles. The great thing about this brush is its Furejector button that will allow you to remove the hair from the brush in the easiest way possible!
- If you’re used to operating a razor, you can easily use it because it’s shaped like one!
- This is recommended for cats with short hair (up to 10 lbs).
- The brush comes with an ergonomically shaped rubber handle that offers a comfortable grip.
- You can also find a Furminator de-shedding brush for long hair.
- It’s expensive.
If you’re prone to allergies, the Delomo Pet Grooming and Deshedding brush gloves are one option you should look into. The brush gloves boast of skin-friendly and highly breathable fabric and soft rubber. This is also recommended for left-handers because the left-hand glove is customized to your needs.
- It has 255 silicone grooming tips that have the same feel as your hands.
- A 12-month limited warranty covers this.
- The gloves are one-size-fits-all thanks to its adjustable wrist strap.
- Shedding hair easily sticks to the rubber pins.
- The gloves are machine washable.
- It can be hard to remove the collected hair from the gloves.
- The gloves are not suitable for smaller hands.
Our top pick for the best cat brush for shedding short hair is no other than the CELEMOON grooming brush because of its soft and gentle silicone bristles. Its design also provides the user the ease of operation of brush gloves minus the unwanted sweaty hands! It’s a win-win!
Recommended for You: