When it comes to hairdryers, the longer the cord, the better. However, a long cord can be a disadvantage for storage or traveling. How can you properly store your hairdryer with a long cord? That’s the biggest question.
Well, the hair industry has already found a solution! Enter the hairdryer with a retractable cord!
These are hairdryers with cords that can be pulled out or stretched when the dryer is in use and be retracted back into the styling tool when you no longer need it.
With this feature, you can easily organize and store your hairdryer. More than that, it will also be easier for you to bring a hairdryer with you on your trips.
|Conair 1875 Watt Cord-Keeper Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Revlon 1875W Compact Travel Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Conair Travel Hair Dryer with Folding Handle and Retractable Cord||See Price|
|Andis 80020 1875-Watt Fold-N-Go Ionic Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Jinri Professional Negative Ionic Infrared Blow Hair Dryer||See Price|
|Revlon 1875W Fast Dry Travel Hair Dryer||See Price|
However, this beneficial feature comes with a few cons. Here are some of them:
- The options are limited for hairdryers with retractable cords.
- These types of hair dryers have short cords— only about 4 to 5 feet.
- The retractable cord mechanism has a short life span.
Despite all these potential issues, many people are still buying this type of hair dryer because it’s not only convenient—it’s affordable as well!
Best Hair Dryers with Retractable Cord
If you’re keen on getting the best hair dryer with a retractable cord, here are some of the best choices that you have:
1. Jinri Professional Negative Ionic Infrared Blow Hair Dryer – Our Top Pick
At first look, you’ll fall in love with the sleek and sophisticated all-black look of the Jinri Professional Hairdryer. Upon closer inspection, you’ll be more impressed with its features.
It has a powerful and durable 1875 motor, which produces infrared heat to maintain hair health. Additionally, it’s incorporated with Negative Ion Technology that decreases drying time.
- Thanks to its powerful motor, it delivers strong airflow.
- The hairdryer comes with three attachments— diffuser, Hair Pik, and concentrator nozzle.
- You can adjust the heat and speed to suit your hair’s requirements.
- The attachment falls off during the drying process.
- The dryer is heavier than most of its counterparts.
There are only a few hairdryers with retractable cords that have advanced technologies like Ionic Technology.
The Conair Cord-Keeper Hair Dryer is one of them! Incorporated with two amazing technologies—Tourmaline Ceramic Technology and Ionic Technology, you can achieve smooth and shiny hair with minimal heat damage.
The best news? The cord automatically retracts just by pushing the button!
- The hairdryers come in either a gorgeous pink or cool aqua color.
- It includes two attachments—a diffuser for curly and wavy hairstyles, and a concentrator for silky straight hair.
- When you’re done, you can use the cool shot button to secure waves and curls.
- The dryer offers 2 speed and 3 heat settings so you can find the right settings for your hair type.
- The dryer vibrates when in use.
- The cord doesn’t retract smoothly, so you may have to assist it in fully retracting it.
Tagged as a travel hairdryer, the Revlon Travel Hair Dryer is compact and lightweight and has plenty of features that would come handy when traveling. Despite its small size, this hairdryer offers almost the same features as that of standard-sized dryers.
For one, it has advanced ionic technology, which minimizes frizz and boosts hair shine. It also has 3 times ceramic coating for maximum heat protection.
- This travel hair dryer is not just compact—it’s even foldable so it can perfectly fit in your luggage.
- At the end of the handle, there’s a hanging ring for easy storage.
- It has a hinged end cap for easy cleaning.
- The dryer comes with a smoothing concentrator and diffuser attachments.
- It features multiple heat and speed settings as well as a cold shot button.
- Its attachment sometimes detach while in use.
- For a small hairdryer, it creates too much noise during operation.
This hair dryer is a step up from the Conair Cord-Keeper because it has a folding handle in addition to a retractable cord!
The good news is it still has the same advanced technologies—adjustable settings, ionic conditioning, and tourmaline ceramic technology, making it an excellent travel hairdryer.
- It has adjustable heat and speed settings for precision styling and better airflow.
- The hairdryer is dual voltage—truly perfect for traveling!
- Its cord retracts in just a push of a button.
- This produces infrared heat for less damage.
- The dryer may not be powerful enough to dry long hair.
- The retractable cord easily gets jammed.
The Andis 80020 may not wow you with its look or features, but you’ll be impressed with its turbo drying power that can dry your hair fast. It’s equipped with both Nano-ceramic and ionic technologies known for creating smoother and healthier hair with less drying time.
- Its handle is foldable.
- * You can choose from 3 heat and speed settings.
- * It comes with a Lifeline Shock protection.
- * Even though it’s motor is powerful, it doesn’t create noise when in use.
- The hairdryer isn’t as compact as other travel hair dryers.
- It’s a bit heavier too.
Even though it’s a compact and on the go dryer, the xtava hair dryer promises to give you salon-level blowouts. With its impressive features, it will undoubtedly live up to its promise! The best feature we love is its varying heat and wind settings that will take the guesswork out of blowouts.
With its 2 fan speed settings and low heat and high heat options, you can easily choose the right settings, especially if you follow their recommendation. Once you’re done, you can seal in your hairstyle with its cool shot button.
- The hair dryer comes with a long cord—8 feet!
- It’s compatible with the xtava Black orchid diffuser.
- The dryer’s 1875 watt motor is powerful and can help you dry your hair quickly.
- It only has a concentrator nozzle.
- The dryer is heavy and clunky.
Fast-drying power—this is what the Revlon Fast Dry Travel Hair Dryer is all about. With its powerful motor, this travel dryer promises to dry your hair fast. The faster your hair is dried, the less heat exposure it will have, and the less damage it will get!
- It has dual voltage for worldwide use.
- You can choose from 2 heat and speed settings for drying flexibility.
- With its foldable handle, it will take up 50% less space on your luggage.
- The dryer’s plug doesn’t fit most travel adapters.
- It produces too much noise.
Based on the products’ features in this list, it seems like travel hair dryers have come a long way. While it’s a great thing, their vast array of features made our job a bit challenging.
After considering their pros and cons, we’ve concluded that Jinri Professional Negative Ionic Infrared Blow Hair Dryer takes the cake for this round. We chose this because of its infrared heat technology and additional attachment.