Blow dryers are for much more than just drying your hair before you head out the door. The truth is a high-quality blow dryer can help you style your hair in an endless number of ways.
If you choose a blow dryer that comes with a comb attachment, the style possibilities are even more plentiful. To help you find the perfect blow dryer you can use to take your at-home hairstyling abilities to the next level, we have provided this useful guide.
Best Blow Dryers With Comb Attachments
You have probably noticed during your own experiences at the salon that professional hairdressers and hair stylists will use a blow dryer like a magic wand to dry and style hair at the same time. Luckily, you do not have to be a professional to use a blow dryer in this way.
First, we will explain what blow dryer comb attachments are for and how you can use them. From there, we will rank and review ten of the best hair dryers with comb attachments on the market today.
Follow our guide and achieve salon-quality hairstyling at home!
If you’re in a hurry, take a quick look at our recommended tools.
|Top||JINRI – 1875W Hair Dryer With Style Attachments||The Best Overall||See Price|
|Andis - 80480 Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer||The Runner Up||See Price|
|Xpoliman - 2000W Professional Hair Dryer||Best High-Power Option||See Price|
|Revlon - 3-in-1 Styling Hatchet Hair Dryer||Best Hatchet-Style Option||See Price|
|Hoxida – Ionic Hair Dryer with Comb and Diffuser Nozzles||Best Ionic Blow Dryer||See Price|
|Panasonic – EH-NA65 Professional Hair Dryer||Best High-End Option||See Price|
|Remington – Wet2Style Portable Hair Dryer with Attachments||Best Travel-Friendly Option||See Price|
|BARBOZ - Professional Ionic Ceramic Blow Dryer with Comb Concentrator||Best Option for Long Hair||See Price|
|SKERTS Hair Dryer||Best Folding Options||See Price|
What Are Blow Dryer Comb Attachments for?
Like the diffuser and concentrator attachments, most blow dryers come with comb attachments designed to give the person using the blow dryer more control over the way their hair is dried. This control is what gives you the ability to style your hair.
Despite what you may think, hair dryer attachments like this one are easy to use. With just a little bit of practice, you will be able to manage curly hair by reducing frizz, add volume and body to straight hair, and give your hair an overall smoother and shinier finish than you could without an attachment.
The comb and styling attachments can replace some of the specialized hot tools you would use to style your hair, which can be expensive, time-consuming, and damaging to your hair.
How Do You Use a Hair Dryer Comb Attachment?
While it may seem difficult and somewhat overwhelming to learn how to style your hair using a hair dryer comb attachment, it is much easier than you would think. All you need is a little patience and practice.
Simply run the attachment through your hair like you would with any brush or comb. Take sections of your wet hair and start closer to the root and then draw the blow dryer through your hair towards the ends. While you run your hair through the prongs of the comb attachment, use a slight lifting motion.
You use the comb attachment just like you would use your fingers to gently pull your hair upwards as you blow-dry, creating life and volume. The style possibilities are limitless once you have some practice!
Reviews of the Best Blow Dryers with Comb Attachments
Now that we have established how useful a hair dryer with a comb attachment can be, we can look at some of the best options out there!
1. The Best Overall – JINRI – 1875W Hair Dryer With Style Attachments
The reason this JINRI blow dryer took our top spot is that it meets the perfect balance between performance, versatility, and affordability. It uses a combination of negative ion technology and infrared heat technology to ensure hair dries in a way that will not damage it. Best of all, the comb, diffuser, and concentrator attachments make it easy to give your hair plenty of volume and style.
- Powerful 1,875W AC motor
- 3 heat and 2-speed settings
- 1.65 lb total weight
- Includes concentrator, diffuser, and comb attachment nozzles
- Powerful motor produces consistent heat
- Negative ion and infrared heat technology prevent hair damage
- ‘Cool Shot’ button directs a burst of cold air to reduce frizz and seal the style
- Runs fairly loud
2. The Runner Up – Andis – 80480 Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer
This sleek blow dryer offers variable heat and speed settings, which are incredibly useful for styling. It comes with concentrator and styling comb accessories and features a tangle-free swivel cord.
- 1,875W AC motor
- Variable heat settings
- 2.2 lb total weight
- Includes concentrator and styling comb attachments
- Tourmaline ionic technology dries hair quickly and gently
- Auto shut-off for safety
- Multiple color options
- Somewhat heavy compared to other options
3. Best Budget-Friendly Option – KISS – Ceramic Hair Dryer with Attachments
- Super Styling Power: Lightweight but powerful 1875 Watt ceramic blow-dryer has 3 heat settings, 2 speed slide switch, and a cool shot button to control...
- Professional Design: Ergonomic handle and hanging loop for easy storage; Fast and easy drying allows hair to stay soft and silky; Includes 2 straightening...
- Anti-Frizz Technology: All KISS professional level hair care tools are made with tourmaline ceramic, which gives off negative ions to achieve smoother,...
- KISS Bad Hair Days Goodbye: Our hairdryers, curling irons, hair straighteners, curling wands, flat irons, and straightening brushes help you smooth, curl,...
Despite its relatively low price, this ceramic blow dryer offers plenty of impressive features and comes with a variety of practical accessories. You get everything you need to create salon-quality hairstyles from the comfort of your own home at an affordable, budget-friendly price.
- 1,875W AC motor
- 3 heat settings and 2 air speed settings
- 1.98 lb total weight
- Includes concentrator, detangling comb, diffuser, and hair clips
- Tourmaline ceramic heating technology for frizz-free results
- Removable filter cap
- Low price
- Rubber seal can make it somewhat difficult to switch attachment nozzles
4. Best High-Power Option – Xpoliman – 2000W Professional Hair Dryer
The powerful 2,000W AC motor gives this blow dryer a high level of airflow and ensures consistent heat. It is so powerful that you can dry your hair up to 50% quicker than you can with a standard blow dryer. You also get plenty of styling attachments, including a comb nozzle.
- 2,000W AC motor
- 3 heat and 2-speed settings, as well as a cool down button
- 2.09 lb total weight
- Includes 5 style accessories, including a comb attachment
- Powerful motor and built-in overheat protection
- Extra-long power cord with hanging loop
- ACLI safety plug
- Easy to accidentally press the speed control button
5. Best Hatchet-Style Option – Revlon – 3-in-1 Styling Hatchet Hair Dryer
Hatchet-style blow dryers are ideal for styling purposes. They make it incredibly easy to use the blow dryer like a hairbrush. This Revlon model uses a 1,875W motor to ensure users can style and dry quickly without causing any significant damage to the hair.
The lightweight and compact design are perfect for those looking for an easy way to style as they dry.
- 1,875W AC Motor
- 3-speed settings
- 1.79 lb total weight
- Includes 3 unique styling comb attachments
- Compact size and hatchet-style configuration means it is easy to handle
- Ion generator with on/off button
- Lightweight design makes it easy to use and control
- Can overheat and automatically shut off if used for an extended period
6. Best Ionic Blow Dryer – Hoxida – Ionic Hair Dryer with Comb and Diffuser Nozzles
Negative ionic blow dryers lock moisture into the hair, protecting it from heat damage caused by traditional blow dryers.
This particular ionic blow dryer offers constant temperature to make sure you can dry and style your hair quickly and effectively. Its portable design is perfect for traveling, and the styling attachments make it easy to use.
- 1,800W AC motor
- 2-speed settings
- 2.73 lb total weight
- Includes a styling concentrator, diffuser, and smoothing comb nozzle
- Negative ion technology nourishes, repairs, and protects hair
- Delivers concentrated air for faster results
- Double safety detachable filter makes it easy to clean
- Fairly heavy, especially for such a compact blow dryer
7. Best High-End Option – Panasonic – EH-NA65 Professional Hair Dryer
Panasonic EH-NA65-K Nanoe Dryer is a professional-quality blow dryer that uses the brand’s patented nanotechnology to ensure moisture is drawn from the hair in a non-damaging way. Despite its impressive power, it operates at a quiet volume.
The styling accessories, including a comb attachment, make it possible to create salon styles without paying salon prices.
- 1,875W AC Motor
- 2 speeds and 3 temperature settings
- 1.29 lb total weight
- Includes 3 pro-quality styling attachments, including a comb nozzle
- Unique nanotechnology gently infused nanoparticles, which hold 1000x more moisture than regular ions
- Lightweight design
- Concentrator function creates a more focussed airflow for precise styling
- High cost
8. Best Travel-Friendly Option – Remington – Wet2Style Portable Hair Dryer with Attachments
This incredibly slim and compact styling blow dryer is perfect for those that want a travel-friendly option. Despite its small size, the Remington Wet2Style can dry and style hair quickly without causing excessive frizz or heat damage.
Best of all, it comes with a variety of detachable styling accessories, such as a detangler comb, blowout boosting brush, diffuser, and slipstream straightening concentrator. No matter what sort of hairstyle you prefer, the Remington Wet2Style allows you to quickly and easily create it, no matter where your travels take you.
- 1,875W AC motor
- 2 speed and 3 heat settings
- 1.5 lb total weight
- Includes 4 compact styling attachments, including a styling comb
- Compact and slim design is perfect for traveling and those with limited storage space
- Lightweight design prevents arm fatigue
- Eye-catching pink and chrome exterior
- Affordable price
- Compact size means it can take a long time to dry long hair
9. Best Option for Long Hair – BARBOZ – Professional Ionic Ceramic Blow Dryer with Comb Concentrator
This full-sized blow dryer is the perfect option for those with longer hair. Its quick-dry infrared technology and wide air nozzle combine to dry hair quickly and efficiently.
The comb concentrator can be used to style and untangle long hair. The long-lasting motor and BARBOZ’s 4-year warranty mean this blow dryer can style and dry your hair for years to come.
- 1,875W DC motor
- 2 speed and 3 heat settings
- 3.25 lb total weight
- Includes comb and precision attachments
- Quiet operation due to a double-sided jet fan, which reduces noise by 30%
- Constant temperature control
- Ionic ceramic tourmaline reduces hair damage
- Heavy construction can cause fatigue
10. Best Folding Options – SKERTS- Professional Foldable Blow Dryer
This blow dryer features a user-friendly design and a foldable handle for easier storage. It uses negative ion technology, which reduces hair damage and helps keep hair moisturized and feeling great. It comes with three different styling nozzles, including a straightening comb.
- 1,800W AC motor
- 2 speed and 3 heat settings
- 2.33 lb total weight
- Includes three styling attachments
- U-shaped heating wire ensures even heat distribution
- Compact design and folding handle are ideal for storage and travel
- ALCI plug makes sure the temperature does not exceed safe limits
- Power cord is short
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why do we recommend this blow dryer with combs?
Ans. Hair dryers with a comb attachment add volume to curls, will create shiny hair that is straight, reduces frizzy hair, and generate a natural body to the hair.
Q2. What makes a great hairdryer?
Ans. A great hairdryer is one that is perfectly designed for your particular hair type. If your hair needs moisture, you may want to go with an ionic blow dryer to prevent frizz and over-drying.
This benefits kinky hair and black hair. A ceramic hair dryer also adds moisture to the hair creating a shine and is perfect for chemically treated hair.
Tourmaline ceramic technology radiates infrared heat and negative ions. They create a shiny look to hair and are significantly gentler on the hair shaft. Hair is better able to withstand higher levels of heat without excessive damage.
Q3. What are the benefits of using a blow dryer with a comb attachment?
Ans. The benefits are they provide a greater amount of body to the hair. Hair doesn’t flatten. It is left smooth and silky without sacrificing movement/bounce.
A comb attachment is perfect if you don’t want frizzy hair or want to eliminate curls. It will keep your hair looking luxurious and full.