There used to be a time when thick and curly hair is quite difficult to straighten out with a flat iron. There’s that risk that you will burn your hair first before you get the style you want.
Fortunately, today’s tech has enabled such devices to deliver results without damaging thick hair.
Let’s take a look at 5 of the best flat iron for thick and curly hair that is available in the market.
|HSI Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Flat Iron||See Price|
|INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron||See Price|
|xtava Professional Infrared Flat Iron||See Price|
|BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin Flat Iron||See Price|
|FURIDEN Professional Hair Straightener||See Price|
You will be surprised at how much far tech has brought these gadgets when it comes to functionality and safety.
Best Flat Irons for Thick Curly Hair
Here we have reviewed the top flat irons for thick curly hair with pros and cons.
1. xtava Professional Infrared Flat Iron – Our Top Pick
Xtava Pro Satin tourmaline ceramic flat iron that uses infrared technology to heat up the iron plates. It takes about 90 seconds to reach optimal heat. It comes with an 8-foot power cord, so in case you don’t have wall socket nearby, you could have an 8-foot line that you can use.
It has 10 heat settings and a digital display that shows the iron’s temperature. The floating plates ensure that your hair is always in contact with the heating plates.
- This flat iron uses infrared technology to heat up its tourmaline ceramic plates.
- It comes with 2-year warranty.
- The plates are floating to make sure that hair is in full contact with the ceramic plates.
- Xtava Pro Satin Infrared Flat Iron has a digital display showing the temperature of the heating plate.
- It has a 2-inch wide heating plate.
- Takes quite a while to heat up.
- It only has 10 heat settings.
A great option for ladies with curly hair. HSI Glide uses a tourmaline ceramic plate that has 8 sensors with their HeatBalance® technology. The HeatBalance® technology self-regulates and ensures that the ceramic coating and heating plate is at its optimal temperature.
The right balance of temperature allows for quick styling and avoids burning your hair.
- The Heatbalance® technology regulates the iron’s temperature to avoid burning hair.
- Wide range of heat settings at 140-450°F.
- It has an auto-voltage regulation feature allowing you to use it while traveling in different countries.
- The switch and temperature regulator is awkwardly positioned at the inner part of the iron
- There is no digital display of the temperature.
InfinitiPRO is product line created by Conair especially focused on hair styling. This purple tourmaline ceramic flat iron has 30 heat settings to match your hair’s needs.
Conair promises that the ceramic coated iron material heats evenly without hot spots. This iron can heat up in 15 seconds and is your good friend when you are in a hurry.
- This purple flat iron is available in 1 inch, 1.5 inch, and 1.75 inch plates.
- It’s affordable.
- This ceramic flat iron has 30 heat settings to choose from.
- It has a maximum of 450°F heat setting.
- The flat iron heats up in just 15 seconds.
- This flat iron has no digital temperature display.
- The handle easily heats up.
One of the most popular hair straighteners out there. BabyblissPro Nano Titanium hair straightener is a lightweight styling tool that has 5” long heating plates. This product has 50 heat settings you could choose from for more precise hairstyling requirements. The heating plate is made with titanium for maximum durability and optimal conductivity.
- It comes in different sizes and a wet to dry flat iron option.
- Titanium plated plates heats up pretty quickly which is very useful when you are in a hurry.
- It has a 5” long heating plate.
- This hair straighter is lighter than most similar products.
- It has 50 settings and heats up to 450°F.
- This hair straightening iron is quite expensive.
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a digital display to tell you how hot the plate is.
Another great quality flat iron for thick and curly hair. Furiden Flat iron is a cylindrical hair styling tool with a tourmaline ceramic coated heating plates. The floating plates prevent hair from snagging and ensures that the plates are always parallel an in full contact with your hair.
The rotating switch prevents accidentally changing the heat setting while styling your hair. The ergonomic power cord swivel makes it easy to use. It has an automatic voltage selector that makes it a travel-friendly hair styling too.
- The cylindrical design makes it easy to grip.
- It has an 8-feet power cord.
- This styling tool easily heats up in 15 seconds.
- It can easily be used for straightening the hair.
- The outer shell gets hot easily.
- It may not be the best iron to be used for curling your hair.
- This product does not have digital temperature display.
For a fair price, Xtava Pro satin has all the features that you need for a hair straightener. Although it takes quite a while to heat up, it retains heat consistently well. The infrared technology regulates heat well to make sure that you don’t burn your hair and do a quick styling job.
It has a 2-inch wide plate for bigger coverage and a temperature display to make sure you are at the optimal heat range. For a fairly priced hair straightening tool with a 2-year warranty, you are getting value at a lower cost.