Most people think that short hair limits your styling options since the canvas only spans mere inches. But the only limitation to styling short hair is your imagination. From an edgy to a refined look, you can create many styles using a round brush for short hair.
|Top Top||Fagaci Professional Round Brush||Best Brush for Volume||See Price|
|Top Top||Osensia Professional Round Thermal Barrel Brush||Best Budget Round Brush||See Price|
|Top Top||Care me Blow-dry Round Brush||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top Top||Olivia Garden NanoThermic Round Hair Brush||Best Overall||See Price|
|Top Top||PHOEBE Mini Curling Iron Hair Brush||Best Lightweight Brush||See Price|
|Top Top||Conair Instant Heat Styling Brush||Runner-Up||See Price|
|Top Top||SwanMyst Curling Iron Brush||Best Multi-functional Brush||See Price|
Best Round Brushes for Short Hair
A round brush is a must-have for every short-haired woman. This styling tool can help you create a wild textured look and a controlled smooth style. Whether you wish to create volume to your hair or style some curls, the round brush is your best friend.
Generally, big round brushes are best for creating more oomph, while smaller sizes are best for making curls and bends. Whatever look you want to achieve, these seven round hair brushes can help you style your short hair and they are worth your money.
Pair up your blow dryer with Fagaci’s best round brush for short hair to get salon-quality hair at home. Due to its honeycomb design, you can dry and style your hair 50% faster than using a blow dryer alone. The round brush has natural boar bristles and heat-resistant nylon yarns to add shine, reduce frizz, and safely style hair.
- Uses Ceramic and Ionic Nano Technology
- Emits negative ions when heated
- Makes drying and styling faster
- Doesn’t tangle hair
- Soft and anti-slip ergonomic rubber handle
- Features a splitting needle to separate hair
- Not intended for brushing the scalp
- Might catch or pull hair between the rubber handle
- Hard to clean hair out
This professional round brush for blow-drying by Osenia works wonders in creating mega volume, tousled waves, and subtle curl. It has a conditioning and ion-infused ceramic barrel that speeds up drying and styling time while leaving hair lustrous.
Moreover, the round brush has an ergonomic cushioned handle, which provides a comfortable grip.
- Light in weight
- Features multi-hole ceramic barrel for fast drying
- Can withstand high heat up to 220°C
- Has an ergonomic, anti-slip, cushioned handle
- Anti-static, anti-bacterial, and ionic mineral-infused bristles
- Includes a built-in section pin
- Might break after a handful of uses
- Stiff bristles that can scratch the scalp
- Gets extremely hot at the cap of the brush
Creating a salon-like blowout and curling short hair is easy and fast with this round brush by Care Me. With its 100% natural boar bristles and nylon ball tips, hair becomes silky, smooth, and shiny as you style. It distributes your hair’s natural oils from root to ends, so hair is healthy and conditioned.
- Gentle on the scalp
- Honeycomb design for 50% less drying time
- Ceramic core for fast-heating and even heat distribution
- Features ion-charged, anti-static bristles
- Leaves hair looking smooth, soft, and shiny
- Suitable for all hair types
- Weak bristles that may break easily
- Might snag some hair between the handle and brush head
- Not for hair shorter than chin length
Olivia Garden is one of the go-to brands for innovative and high-quality grooming and styling brushes. This round brush is popular and widely used by professionals because of its NanoThermic Ceramic and Ionic Technology. Thanks to that breakthrough technology, your short tresses can have beautiful volume and curls that are smooth, bouncy, frizz-free, and shiny.
- Features ceramic coated barrel that heats quickly and retains temperature
- Heat resistant ion-charged bristles with a soft tip
- Eliminates frizz and flyaways
- Easy-grip ergonomic handle
- Includes a retractable sectioning needle
- Can overheat quickly
- No heat protection at the cap
- Flimsy bristles that break easily
This best round brush for short hair by PHOEBE lets you create luscious curls without unpacking all your styling tools. You can use this versatile styling device as a comb, a curler, or a straightener. It’s also small enough to fit in your bag, and it has a dual voltage, making it perfect for travel.
- 100-240V dual voltage
- Small and lightweight for travel
- Ceramic Tourmaline barrel for safe and gentle heat
- Heats up in 60 seconds
- Produces negative ions to make hair smooth and healthy
- Features long cool tip and anti-scald nylon bristles
- No auto shut-off feature
- No temperature reading or adjustment
- Short cord
Brush and detangle your short hair as you create volume or medium to loose waves and curls that last all day. It has a multi-layer barrel that combines copper, steel, chromium, and nickel elements to distribute uniform heat. Plus, it heats up in no time so that you can reduce your styling time.
- Has an extra-long cool tip
- Includes 25 heat settings for all hair types
- Heats up as fast as 30 seconds
- Includes a Turbo Heat feature for faster styling
- Has an auto shut-off function
- Dual voltage for international travel
- Short cord
- Not suitable for damp hair
- No light indication to tell if it’s ready to use
SwanMyst’s 3-in-1 multifunctional curling iron brush can curl, straighten, and comb short hair. The barrel has 3x more tourmaline ceramic coating that releases millions of negative ions to lock in moisture and distribute even heat. It has anti-scald nylon bristles and a big cool tip so you can style your hair without getting burnt.
- Features a 40-minute auto shut-off function
- Includes a temperature auto-lock function
- Features three heat settings for different hair types
- Heats up in 30 seconds
- Has a 360° swivel base with 8.2ft extra long cord
- Worldwide 100-240V dual voltage
- A bit expensive
- Difficult to operate and turn off
- Not very durable
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What size round brush is best for short hair?
Ans. A one-inch round brush works best for hair that is one to two inches long (ear length). It will have a better hold on your hair.
For hair that is two inches the chin line, a brush that is 1.25-1.5 inches is ideal for your hair length.
Q2. How do you use a round brush on short hair?
Ans. A round hairbrush on short hair adds volume to your style. It is easy by using a small round brush to add lift to the roots.
Depending on the length of your hair, you may want to dry it first. Most people give up using a round brush because it has become tangled in wet hair. Generally, if your hair is shorter, you won’t run into this problem.
Select the proper diameter of a round brush for your hair. If the barrel is too wide, it won’t grasp your hair properly. Additionally, the bristles should be closer together for shorter hair so that you can have better control over the style.
A vented brush has either a nylon bristle or synthetic bristles which allow for heat to flow easily through. This will allow you to fully dry the hair faster and maintain the style.
A boar bristle brush are also great to use as they create more volume due to the bristles being denser. This creates more tension when combing the hair.
For short hair, begin at the root. Place the brush underneath the section of hair and use a hairdryer with a concentrator attachment.
As you glide the hairbrush down the length of your hair, follow it with the blow dryer to lock the style into place. For added volume, pull up gently on the root.
Be sure that the setting on your blow dryer isn’t too hot for your hair. The heat should be hotter for the back of your head, and at a medium setting for around the crown. If the setting it too hot, you can potentially damage/dry out your hair, and cause it to frizz.
Once you are finished, use the cool shot button to lock the style in place and to add a shine to the hair. Then you can lightly spray your hair to lock the style into place.
Each of the round brushes mentioned above offers different features. Before you invest in any of them, you need to consider your grooming routine and the style that you desire.
The regular round brushes can be your hair dryer’s partner for adding sky-high bouncy volume, texture, or curls.
For this styling routine, the excellent choice is Care Me’s Blow-dry Round Brush. It does the job well, doesn’t break the bank, and, most importantly, it’s gentle on the scalp.
If you want to create curls or waves without using a round brush and a blow dryer, you can invest in a curling iron brush instead such as PHOEBE’s Mini Curling Iron Hair Brush. It is the top choice for travelers and individuals who don’t want to spend much.