You may take pride in having gorgeous African American hair, we know that you’re struggling with styling it too. That’s because your hair type is prone to dryness.
Don’t despair! The secret is to find a good blow dryer for your natural hair. Because of the nature of your hair, you need a hairdryer with technology designed to protect your hair from heat damage— Nano Titanium Technology or ceramic plates. If you have the money to spare, we suggest that you get one with both technologies!
If you don’t want to spend hours searching, don’t worry! We already did the research for you, and here is our list of the best blow dryers for black hair:
|Top Top Top||REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top Top Top||Conair 3-in-1 Styling Hair Dryer with Comb||Best Multipurpose Dryer||See Price|
|Top Top Top||Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler Hair Dryer||Runner-up||See Price|
|Top Top Top||Red by KISS Handle-Less Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer||Most Flexible||See Price|
|Top Top Top||Jinri Professional Tourmaline Hair Dryer||Quitest||See Price|
|Top Top Top||Conair Pro Hair Dryer with Ionic Conditioning||Best for Frizzy Hair||See Price|
|Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 324 Hair Dryer||Ultra Powerful||See Price|
Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair
Here we have compiled 7 excellent quality blow dryers for natural hair texture.
1. Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Styler – Our Top Pick
The Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Styler is a paddle brush and dryer combo that made headlines in the natural hair industry because of its ionic conditioning technology and flexible bristles.
The flexible bristles detangle the hair while the ionic technology keeps it frizz-free. This combination is what makes this the perfect styling tool for natural hair with coily hair textures.
- The dryer comes with 2 heat settings so you can choose the right temperature for your hair thickness.
- It also has a cool option to seal in your hairstyle.
- The professional swivel cord allows you to maneuver the dryer with ease.
- It has a large paddle for more coverage.
- This is designed for a one-step hairstyling process to ensure minimal heat exposure.
- The bristles warp due to high temperatures.
- The handle is not suitable for small hands.
2. Conair 3-in-1 Styling Hair Dryer with Comb
The Conair 3-in-1 Styling Hair Dryer with Comb is another versatile tool you would love to have in your styling arsenal. The dryer comes with 3 types of attachment—styling comb, bristle brush, and detangling comb.
With these, you can use this tool to achieve a straight and smooth hairstyle, create waves and volume, and remove tangles.
- It has ionic technology that will help you achieve less frizzy and shinier hair.
- The dryer has a hinged filter to prevent the buildup of lint and prolong its motor’s lifespan.
- It uses an 1875 W motor to speed up the styling process and minimize hair damage.
- The dryer is dual voltage and is perfect for traveling.
- The brushes are not attached securely.
- This is heavy and may cause hand fatigue.
3. Andis Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer
The Andis Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer is a frontrunner in this list because of its versatility and advanced technologies. Same with the Conair dryer also comes with three attachments—soft bristles, wide-tooth, and fine-tooth combs.
It also has ionic technology for quick drying time and ceramic technology for even heat distribution.
- The hairdryer delivers high-velocity airflow with 3 air and heat options.
- It’s dual voltage so you can bring it with you on your trips.
- It comes with an air intake to speed up the heating process.
- The dryer comes with a hook for easy storage.
- The teeth of comb attachments melt due to high heat.
- Using it to style thick hair takes a lot of time.
4. Red by KISS Handle-Less Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer
Red by KISS hair dryer is the only handle-less dryer on this list. Its revolutionary design allows you to have full styling and straightening control. The dryer has triple-layer insulation and a cool-touch nozzle so you can hold it safely.
- It comes with 3 styling attachments for creating different hairstyles.
- The lack of handle makes it more comfortable to hold.
- You can choose from variable heat (3 heat and 2 speed) settings.
- The attachments don’t stay on.
- It’s not durable, as most users say it doesn’t last for years.
5. Jinri Professional Tourmaline Hair Dryer
If you don’t like noisy hairdryers, the Jinri Professional Tourmaline Hair Dryer might be what you need. It’s equipped with a powerful DC motor that dries hair fast in the quietest way possible.
- The dryer features a high-quality matte finish.
- It comes with two attachments—a diffuser for creating waves and a concentrator for the perfect finish.
- You can choose from 2 speed and 3 heat settings for styling flexibility.
- The dryer comes with safety and convenience features like a removable air filter and a safety plug.
- It’s lightweight.
- The controls are poorly positioned.
- The attachment falls off from time to time.
6. Conair Pro Hair Dryer with Ionic Conditioning
With its luxurious diamond finish, the Conair Pro Hair Dryer is a sure head-turner, and it can undoubtedly transform your hair to become one too!
As one of the leading hairdryers in the industry, it’s equipped with two advanced technologies—Tourmaline ceramic and ionic technology.
These two technologies work together to promote shine, fight off frizz, and reduce heat damage all at the same time.
- The dryer gives you three heat setting options plus a cool shot button to accommodate different hair types.
- It has a removable filter for easy cleaning.
- This is a full-size dryer that is perfect for people with big hands.
- This is too heavy.
- The dryer has a short cord, so your movement will be limited.
7. Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 324 Blow Dryer
Claiming to be the most powerful professional blow dryer, the Turbo Power Twin Turbo 3200 lives up to its promise. It has a 2000-hour K-Lamination Motor which delivers high drying power so you can style your hair in the fastest and most efficient way possible.
Despite being a powerful dryer designed for professional use, this one from Turbo Power remains to be one of the most compact and lightweight blow dryers in the market.
- The blow dryer comes in a wide range of colors– violet, red, pink, gray, and black.
- It’s equipped with a removable stainless steel filter for easy maintenance.
- It’s also one of the safest blow dryers as it’s equipped with anti-overheating technology.
- Its nozzle keeps falling off while in use.
- It doesn’t have a cool blast button.
Having beautiful African American hair is truly something to be proud of. While your hair is already beautiful in itself, you should still make an effort to style it in the healthiest way possible. You can do that using the best blow dryer for natural hair.
For us, it’s no other than the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Styler because the one-step styling process that it promotes can help reduce drying time, minimize your hair’s exposure to heat, and prevent hair damage.
1 thought on “7 Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair – Hair Dryers for Black Hair”
Thanks for the reviews, I have Hair Dryer and I was surprised at the time it took to dry my hair. I got it for my Birthday and it has really helped me out, I no longer have to worry about my hair being wet and I can get it done faster.
Comments are closed.