You may take pride in having gorgeous African American hair, we know that you’re struggling with styling it too. That’s because your hair type is prone to dryness.
Don’t despair! The secret is to find a good blow dryer for your natural hair. Because of the nature of your hair, you need a hairdryer with technology designed to protect your hair from heat damage— Nano Titanium Technology or ceramic plates. If you have the money to spare, we suggest that you get one with both technologies!
If you don’t want to spend hours searching, don’t worry! We already did the research for you, and here is our list of the best blow dryers for black hair:
|Top Top||REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Styler||#1 Editor's Choice||See Price|
|Top Top||Conair 3-in-1 Styling Hair Dryer with Comb||Best Multipurpose Dryer||See Price|
|Top Top||Andis Ceramic Ionic Styler Hair Dryer||Runner-up||See Price|
|Top Top||Red by KISS Handle-Less Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer||Most Flexible||See Price|
|Top Top||KIPOZI Nano Ionic Blow Dryer||Best Overall||See Price|
|Top Top||Jinri Professional Tourmaline Hair Dryer||Quitest||See Price|
|Top Top||Conair Pro Hair Dryer with Ionic Conditioning||Best for Frizzy Hair||See Price|
Best Blow Dryers for Natural Hair
Here we have compiled 7 excellent quality blow dryers for natural hair texture.
1. Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Styler – Our Top Pick
The flexible bristles detangle the hair while the ionic technology keeps it frizz-free. This combination is what makes this the perfect styling tool for natural hair with coily hair textures.
- The dryer comes with 2 heat settings so you can choose the right temperature for your hair thickness.
- It also has a cool option to seal in your hairstyle.
- The professional swivel cord allows you to maneuver the dryer with ease.
- It has a large paddle for more coverage.
- This is designed for a one-step hairstyling process to ensure minimal heat exposure.
- The bristles warp due to high temperatures.
- The handle is not suitable for small hands.
The Conair 3-in-1 Styling Hair Dryer with Comb is another versatile tool you would love to have in your styling arsenal. The dryer comes with 3 types of attachment—styling comb, bristle brush, and detangling comb.
With these, you can use this tool to achieve a straight and smooth hairstyle, create waves and volume, and remove tangles.
- It has ionic technology that will help you achieve less frizzy and shinier hair.
- The dryer has a hinged filter to prevent the buildup of lint and prolong its motor’s lifespan.
- It uses an 1875 W motor to speed up the styling process and minimize hair damage.
- The dryer is dual voltage and is perfect for traveling.
- The brushes are not attached securely.
- This is heavy and may cause hand fatigue.
The Andis Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer is a frontrunner in this list because of its versatility and advanced technologies. Same with the Conair dryer also comes with three attachments—soft bristles, wide-tooth, and fine-tooth combs.
It also has ionic technology for quick drying time and ceramic technology for even heat distribution.
- The hairdryer delivers high-velocity airflow with 3 air and heat options.
- It’s dual voltage so you can bring it with you on your trips.
- It comes with an air intake to speed up the heating process.
- The dryer comes with a hook for easy storage.
- The teeth of comb attachments melt due to high heat.
- Using it to style thick hair takes a lot of time.
Red by KISS hair dryer is the only handle-less dryer on this list. Its revolutionary design allows you to have full styling and straightening control. The dryer has triple-layer insulation and a cool-touch nozzle so you can hold it safely.
- It comes with 3 styling attachments for creating different hairstyles.
- The lack of handle makes it more comfortable to hold.
- You can choose from variable heat (3 heat and 2 speed) settings.
- The attachments don’t stay on.
- It’s not durable, as most users say it doesn’t last for years.
With its bronze ombre design, the KIPOZI blow dryer is one of the most beautiful dryers that you can ever see. More than its beautiful design, this blow dryer is equipped with Advanced Nano Ionic Technology, which delivers consistent airflow that leaves you silky smooth and shiny.
- The two attachments will help you achieve different hairstyles.
- It comes with a removable filter for easy cleaning.
- The ALCI Safety plug will prevent unwanted accidents.
- It also has a hang loop so you can store it easily.
- It gives off a chemical smell.
- It’s not as powerful as other dryers.
If you don’t like noisy hairdryers, the Jinri Professional Tourmaline Hair Dryer might be what you need. It’s equipped with a powerful DC motor that dries hair fast in the quietest way possible.
- The dryer features a high-quality matte finish.
- It comes with two attachments—a diffuser for creating waves and a concentrator for the perfect finish.
- You can choose from 2 speed and 3 heat settings for styling flexibility.
- The dryer comes with safety and convenience features like a removable air filter and a safety plug.
- It’s lightweight.
- The controls are poorly positioned.
- The attachment falls off from time to time.
With its luxurious diamond finish, the Conair Pro Hair Dryer is a sure head-turner, and it can undoubtedly transform your hair to become one too!
As one of the leading hairdryers in the industry, it’s equipped with two advanced technologies—Tourmaline ceramic and ionic technology.
These two technologies work together to promote shine, fight off frizz, and reduce heat damage all at the same time.
- The dryer gives you three heat setting options plus a cool shot button to accommodate different hair types.
- It has a removable filter for easy cleaning.
- This is a full-size dryer that is perfect for people with big hands.
- This is too heavy.
- The dryer has a short cord, so your movement will be limited.
Having beautiful African American hair is truly something to be proud of. While your hair is already beautiful in itself, you should still make an effort to style it in the healthiest way possible. You can do that using the best blow dryer for natural hair.
For us, it’s no other than the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer And Styler because the one-step styling process that it promotes can help reduce drying time, minimize your hair’s exposure to heat, and prevent hair damage.